Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue... How To?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I picked up BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger a few days ago, and have been giving it a few spins. I'd never played the series before, just noticed the name been thrown around this forum, and picked it up to bring it for a test drive. I haven't brought it online or anything yet, because I'm still just starting to get the swing of the game's mechanics.

The contoller set-up seems to be what's baffling me here though. When using quarter circle, half circle, or Dragon Punch style movements on the left stick, I'm discovering a few moves. But if I simply push in different directions on the right stick, my character will pull off what appears to be the same moves with pretty much no effort. Something just doesn't sit right with me about this...

Are there any differences in the damage done with a move preformed through regular means, and those preformed up a simple push of the right stick? Which way do you guys play, commands on the left stick, or clicking the right? Or do you just scrap that altogether and use a Fight Stick? Would you consider using the right stick as a means only for noobs, button bashers and cheaters, or do you use it to it's full advantage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm not too sure on the details but I believe that you lose some combobility if using the right stick for specials. You're best off using the commands rather than the right stick.

There was a beginners guide which is here : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.phpt=2055873335&highlight=blazblue

Hopefully it will help until some of the actual blazblue players get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The right-stick specials was just something added in to the home version to let people who aren't able to do quarter-circles to do special moves. It's pretty much only there for casual players since if you're good enough to do advanced stuff with characters, odds are you can do specials the normal way by inputting quarter circles or dp motions.

It's not a good idea to get too used to it anyway, since it will limit you to only a couple of your character's moves instead of being able to do everything. For example, Jin can use the ABCD buttons to do 4 different versions each of his projectile, dragon punch and ice car specials - all of which have their own uses. If you just use the right-stick specials, you get access to very few of these and so what you can do with your character is horribly limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

That's cool, lads. To be honest, I felt a bit cheap hitting the right stick instead of using proper commands. I've been playing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat since the early 90's, so I'm well adjusted to the concept of special moves commands. Since, as you said, there is more variation for the moves without the right-stick, I defo think I stay with using just to left one (and maybe the occasion right-sticked special from time to time :P )

Oh, and cheers for the link Orim, but unfortunately, it's coming up empty. I keep getting a Not Found screen whe I click it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=334

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yreval wrote: »
    I think this is what you're looking for:

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=334

Excellent. Cheers, dude.

• Advertisement
Advertisement