Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card crash?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

So there I was, just joined a game of Starcraft 2 (3v3 Burning Tides in case you're wondering :p ) and the game crashes, sound starts looping, no response from Ctrl Alt Delete, so I hard reset, but it doesn't restart immediately but false starts a few times: power light comes on for a few seconds then restarts again.
    Now it's powering on, fans spinning and staying on but I'm getting no input on my monitor (LCD via DVI cable).
    No beeps or anything from mobo.

I recently put a new 520W PSU, 4GB DDR3 RAM and GTX 460 in it.

What do you guys think is the problem? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hmm, I left it off for a while and then it booted ok into W7, but just now in the middle of typing something it restarted and again No Signal on the monitor... :(

I'm thinking something's overheating maybe? Or the RAM?
    What's the current popular temperature monitoring application, Speedfan?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

It sounds like it could be your gfx card overheating. Your driver should have a built-in temperature monitor. Go to Display Settings, Advanced, select your gfx card and from there you should be able to view your cards temperature.
    If that doesn't work try Speedfan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I reseated the card and RAM and no restarts yet.
    GPU is around 30 idle on Speedfan too, odd little hiccup.

Advertisement