Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzing

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anything to worry about... in the hotpress sometimes comes an electrical buzzing. Its related to the showers (2). I think there is some kinda trip switch or..?. in there. I cant see it directly because the electrician put it directly above the door of the hot press and there aint much room.

Anyhow, I trip the tripswitch on the main board down stairs and switch it back on, voila, no buzzing upstairs in the hotpress.

Ideas why the buzzing...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

is it the contactor on the priority switch for the showers humming(they tend to do so)the priority switch prevents the 2 showers working together and overloading the main fuse.a contactor is installed to switch between showers.
    more importantly though is the location(it shouldnt be in the hot press)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TheDuderino

Ahhh my love for the builder just keeps growing!!

Does it matter if the buzzing gets louder at times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

if the unit is mounted on a stud wall,then the vibration is probably amplified.see can you reposition it,in the attic maybe or on a solid wall(probably a job for an electrician).if you cant move it make sure it cant be covered by clothing .also check the buzzing sound out as sometimes this can be an indication of loose connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TheDuderino

Thanks for the advice!

It should be ok, no chance of clothes covering it.

Advertisement