Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fish Pedicure

• 11-09-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Anywhere in Galway doing this? Just out of curiosity as it seems to be all the rage at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's in Galway now? I know on holidays in Thailand, it's a novelty and apparently works a treat on the tootsies. Interested to see if anyone's got it done..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Anywhere in Galway doing this? Just out of curiosity as it seems to be all the rage at the moment.

Galway's too small scale for this sort of thing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't even want to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

mikom wrote: »
    Galway's too small scale for this sort of thing....

Scale - Fish Pedicure,i see what you did there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Please say this isnt the one where the fish nibble off your dead foot skin!? Guys, galway isn't ready for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd love to get this done. Galway is lacking a good nail bar. My feet feel awful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You could try sticking your piggies in the ray pool at the atlantaquarium...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

biko wrote: »
    I don't even want to know...
    go to ray d'arceys radio blogs last week, you see it shown there,,wouldnt get to put my little toes into that .ive seen PARANA.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Got this done in Malaysia, "Dr. Fish" was the name of it I think. Was really wierd at the start, tickly and a little frightening, took me between 5 & 10mins to be able to leave my feet in the water without shrieking and pulling them out again. Feet felt great after it though, all lovely and soft.

Word of warning though...if you have any scabs on your feet/legs think twice about doing it, the fish go mental for them.

BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

cats.life wrote: »
    go to ray d'arceys radio blogs last week, you see it shown there,,wouldnt get to put my little toes into that .ive seen PARANA.

That was hilarious, Mairead was screeching like a mad thing :D

The woman that offers this service may know other places that do this or if there's one in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Got this done in England... it was fab... footsies were all lovely and smooth and soft after :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Those poor fish :eek:

well if this was on d'arceys show it must be in ireland, could email him to see where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hope the fish get paid well. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I saw people getting it done in Japan. It just looked horrible.
    +1 to the 'poor fish' point of view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am planning to set up a business with a Piranha option. Guaranteed to get rid of bunions !.

It would make a great movie scene as the baddie slips in a few Piranha whilst the lady is not looking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

The woman that done it on Ray's show was based in Wicklow (I think, somewhere east anyway).

This is my idea of pure torture, horrible. Can't stand anyone touching my feet :eek:

Discodog wrote: »
    I am planning to set up a business with a Piranha option. Guaranteed to get rid of bunions !.

It would make a great movie scene as the baddie slips in a few Piranha whilst the lady is not looking ![ no feet, no bunions;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How about a service where your feet are covered in honey & then licked clean by a big dog ?. An ex of mine used to like the dogs licking her feet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

New fish pedicure spa is opening on Wednesday in the Eyre Square shopping centre. Ad is on page 72 of this weeks Galway Advertiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I feel sorry for the fish who are eating junk food all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

it will be next to mr beanz, sign been on the window the last two weeks.

Galway Fish Spa opening soon next to Tulsi, sign in the window and new paint job on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Opening soon in Eyre Sh. Centre. e20 for 45 min.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,091 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Will somebody please think of the poor fishies ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

arandale wrote: »
    Opening soon in Eyre Sh. Centre. e20 for 45 min.:D

I paid €3 for 30 minutes in Thailand. Works a treat. feet felt lovely after it.

ridiculously high opening pricepoint in these times.

Probably right... what costs could be involved?.

You'd imagine less then most other type of Businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can't wait for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I can't wait to try this - hate hard skin on feet.. Anyone have more info..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

How can you view €20 for a 45 minute treatment as being ridiculously high. I would certainly pay €20 for this. And I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a go. Hopefully hard soles will be a thing of the past.

My friend is opening Footpool, in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre, and I had a go of dipping my feet in and oh my God , its SOO MUCH FUN!! it's very ticklish for the first minute, and then after that it just becomes ticklish like bubbles all over your feet.
    i laughed and laughed and laughed, but my feet did feel amazeballs after ( my feet are always killing me as my job has me on my feet all day long ). he is hoping to be open at the weekend or early next week

jmauel wrote: »
    How can you view €20 for a 45 minute treatment as being ridiculously high. I would certainly pay €20 for this. And I'm definitely looking forward to giving it a go. Hopefully hard soles will be a thing of the past.
    first off i dont see there being that many people willing to sit there and be gawked at by slack jawed yokels for 45 minutes and then as its a novelty concept i just dont see €20 being an enticing price, i wouldnt dream of paying that for it. Something like €5 for 10 minutes to get people in trying it might be better. Plus its a small shop unit so how many people will be be able to turnover if its 45mins a go??

Its 10 euro for 15 minutes or 20 euro for 45 minutes. Some people will be attracted for the craic of it, but many others will use it to provide tangible relief from the discomfort they may feel on their feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

In the advertiser today the advertisement says €20 for 35 minutes, not 45 minutes.

• Advertisement

sorry, you're absolutely right :) btw, off topic but, i'm intrigued by your username...hardy eustace, i work with a girl who says she is related to hardy eustace, and i know another whose dad used to have a horse by that name

sorry, back on topic, in Footpool they also have a machine that you can pop your footwear into ( it costs 2 euro ) and all these ultra violet ( i think ) rays kill all the bacteria on them which kills the odour on them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

hardy eustace, i work with a girl who says she is related to hardy eustace

She's related to a horse?

Ok if someone fwd the phone no...?

Not advertising for them but as a new business there is no listing and I REEEaaaaly want to go... if anyone has any details..and ok with the models Thanks

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post the number here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

your codding me?:D

• Advertisement

Well they are usually fairly lively and haven't said anything yet.. . So in the risk of being reprimanded...

Has anyone got the number of place that is opening?

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Well they are usually fairly lively and haven't said anything yet.. . So in the risk of being reprimanded...

Has anyone got the number of place that is opening?

Dont you mean Plaice!

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Dont you mean Plaice!
    Your not punny!

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Your not punny!

I found it amusing..:D

<see charter about posting phone numbers, mod>

I was talking to tommy the owner on my lunch break today. They are opening at 2o clock tomorrow ... Yaay !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SolBU3N6DdQ

I am still unsure if i could go through with it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

first off i dont see there being that many people willing to sit there and be gawked at by slack jawed yokels for 45 minutes and then as its a novelty concept i just dont see €20 being an enticing price, i wouldnt dream of paying that for it. Something like €5 for 10 minutes to get people in trying it might be better. Plus its a small shop unit so how many people will be be able to turnover if its 45mins a go??

Tbh, I've paid a lot more for a regular pedicure in various salons in and around Galway that have done very little for my feet and chipped very quickly too. I'd have been better off burning the 50/60euro I paid. If this works, then 20euro is reasonable imo.

Tbh, I've paid a lot more for a regular pedicure in various salons in and around Galway that have done very little for my feet and chipped very quickly too. I'd have been better off burning the 50/60euro I paid. If this works, then 20euro is reasonable imo.
    pretty sure the fish dont have the digits necessary to complete a pedicure??

i hope the place is a success but i just think the novelty factor and relatively high cost may see a gradual decline. Hope im wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I actually really want to try this.... Hmm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement