Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard problems

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey Hey.

So I am fully registered to everything I need. Only 8 of my modules appear in Blackboard though. The other 4 do use Blackboard but are nowhere to be seen. I have emailed the IT desk, but I am yet to get a reply. What should I do :)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Get in touch with the module coordinators. They should be able to get you added to the list of students with access to the module.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Are they all visible if you hit the "Courses" button? You can select which modules are displayed on the front page by hitting the little icon at the top right of the "My Courses" box. Note also that some lecturers are late in setting it up. They'll tell you what's happening in a lecture.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

some modules don't go up on blackboard, depends on the lecturer whether they use it or not. during registration, the blackboard symbol is beside the modules that use it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Lou45 wrote: »
    some modules don't go up on blackboard, depends on the lecturer whether they use it or not. during registration, the blackboard symbol is beside the modules that use it :)

+1

Some lecturers never use it. If it doesn't appear on Blackboard and the lecturer never mentions "that he posted HW on blackboard" then you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Well I had checked during registration for Blackboard icons beside the modules, which there were, and then I realised that they were not on my Blackboard. One of them has now appeared, so I am thinking the most likely situation is the mosule co-ordinator was late in setting up.

Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement