Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughing 2010

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Will there anything for the shooting-hunting community at the ploughing championship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Don't seem like there will be much exibits in relation to shooting http://www.npa.ie/pages.php?page_Id=51

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

the only shooting/hunting related items i ever saw at it the last few years were clulite lamps and a few dog boxes

http://www.npa.ie/images09/exhibitors2010.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

The NARGC have had a stand there on occasion, I seem to recall.
    I didn't go last year, so can't say if they were there then.

/checks ormondprop's link above
    Oh yeah, there they are on stand 386 N :D

Pity they don't have more hunting and shooting stands. Alot of us farmers have a keen interest in it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

kay 9 wrote: »
    Pity they don't have more hunting and shooting stands. Alot of us farmers have a keen interest in it:D

It is a big pity,
    Without the farmer hunting would be none existing,
    a few demos on crop protection, bird rearing, vermin control etc would be a nice touch,
    I'll still go down for a look have a few things i need to look at.

• Advertisement

I hope the weather is good for it. Makes it a much better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I would like to thank Coursing Ireland for the tea and coffee that they were giving out, it really came at the right time and hit the spot. Also nice to see the Hunting Association of Ireland there flying the flag for RISE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I'll try and travel Tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

As far as I know the Wild Deer Association are there on the
    Kildare Co.Council stand.

http://www.wilddeerireland.com/events.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

60,000 was the number I heard visited yesterday, with tickets, there was talk of the actual figure being up on 80,000.

In. One. Day.

Why there isn't more shooting & hunting at it is a mystery to me. Stands are likely expensive, but surely someone must have a financially viable stand to throw up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Compared to other countries,we never seem to show off our shooting sports enough.
    We had medals from the world games in Germany recently and no one heard about it,,rte never cover our shooters success.
    we need to get out there and promote the various shooting disiplines for all to see,no point hiding it,and why should we,shooting is a legitimate sport and should be given the same respect as the other sports.

my thought for the day

Advertisement