Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Refund - 02 USB Modem.

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased 2 O2 USB modems, one each for myself and wife, on 21st August with the belief that if the service was unsatisfactory, I could return them for a refund. That's what the rep told me.

The service was not satisfactory and I signed up to Eircom broadband in the meantime, but continued to use my remaining O2 credit until Eircom was connected. It came on Monday 7th Sept., and is a much better connection according to Pingtest. O2 mostly scores below a C grade on Pingtest whereas Eircom is usually B grade or better. O2s ping times are very poor.

Anyway, the O2 shop says I should have returned the modems within 7 days and cannot refund me. I was not aware that I had only 7 days but they would not budge. If I had known that, I certainly would have returned them in that time.

As I am unemployed, that means 120 Euros down the drain or do I have a right to a refund. The O2 service is fine for checking emails and general surfing, but not for online applications, video clips, etc.

There is no mention on the O2 receipt that I only had 7 days to return the modems. The sales rep may have mentioned it, but I do not recall him saying that.

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From the o2 website:
    What is the returns policy with O2 Broadband? (ArtID: 3591)

Before you return your modem have you checked our frequently asked questions in our Help & Support pages?

You can also contact Customer care with any O2 Broadband, Data Support & Technical Queries:

From an O2 mobile 1909 (free)
    From a landline +35361203501

Bill Pay and Prepay Broadband Customers:

We are confident you will be happy with the O2 Broadband service however, if you are unhappy with the service you can return it within 7 days. O2 will refund the USB modem cost and refund any charges for monthly broadband rental. Any additional charges including excess data usage and charges relating to voice, text and roaming will not be refunded.

Equipment faults:
    If your O2 Broadband modem becomes faulty within the first 30 days of purchase, then you are entitled to a new replacement modem. You can return the modem to the O2 online store by Freepost at the below address for a replacement. If after 30 days your O2 Broadband modem becomes faulty you can return it to the O2 online store by Freepost (see address below) or visit your local O2 Retail store, provided the fault is not excluded under the terms of the warranty. The modem will be sent for repair.

Bought online or from Customer Care
    If you bought your Broadband modem through Customer Care or Online at o2.ie you can return it freepost to the address below.

O2 Online Returns
    FREEPOST
    Bray 50
    Co. Wicklow

O2 strongly advise that you ask for a receipt from the Post Office. You will not be entitled to a refund or replacement if the O2 Broadband modem has been either customer or water damaged. Customer damaged is where a fault has been caused by a use inconsistent or contrary to guidelines or manufacturer's user booklet provided with your purchase. If you have a query regarding returning your purchase by freepost please email customercare@rci.ie

Bought in an O2 Store

If you bought the Modem in an O2 Retail store then you can return it to any of our O2 Retail stores.

Please repack the O2 Broadband modem in the original packaging including your receipt as proof of purchase and the Broadband returns form indicating if you want a replacement or refund (only applies within first 30 days) or a repair (faulty after 30 days).

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ukonline

Thanks Dudara.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You could try selling the modems on to recoup some of what you paid for them. Try adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Check the speed test for the 02 modem - if it is below 700kbs, i'd say you could claim that the service is not even close to what is advertised (print out a few speed tests taken at different times).

Then you are returning it as the service is not what you signed up for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Most networks allow 14 days, O2 only 7. Complain to the formal compliants channel, customer.first@o2.ie that this was not made clear to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement