Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did everyone get their electives, they wanted?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi, i just logged on to ucd connect and I was surprised to see that I actually got a place in both my electives - Exploring Archaeology, - Classical Art & Archaeology. I thought id have to fight for them but for once i have been lucky.
    How has others turned out? I have heard a lot about over subscribed modules...I hope that people can find themselves getting a place in a module they really like.
    Feel free to tell your stories, rant & rave, smile, cry........were all here for eachother.arent we??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Yep I got both of mine... somehow! They were both waay oversubscribed so i was thinking i'd be lucky to even get one!

Anyway i'm not complaining! I have a friend who didn't get one that she wanted which is a pain in the sack but what can ya do?

Anyway hope it went OK for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yep! I got the one that said provisional, the other one always said 'confirmed' so I assume I have that even though it didnt show up in that email. They're both on my timetable though

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

Well done you two, onwards and upwards from here......eeek monday is gonna be a shock to the system but we'll survive it.Whoop De Dooo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yep, got what I wanted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Got both of mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Got one of my modules but it wasn't oversubscribed. The other one had 46 places available, 52 subscribed to it and I didn't get a place. When your luck is out its really out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Nope so doing Film Sound instead, any ideas what it is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Anyone doin intro to massage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Hate to be a c-c-c-c-combobreaker but I didn't get my elective :(. The Stem Cells in Medicine elective PATH30150. I think they made a mistake in it because from the email and description I assumed it was for lots (100+ students) but I've been getting this email all week saying it has only 1 place, unless I've been reading it wrong:
    PATH30150 - Stem Cells in Medicine

Capacity: 1 general elective places.

This module is currently oversubscribed and places will be randomly allocated.

You have provisionally registered to the following module components:
    Lectures - Offering 1 - 55234.

Sooo, anyone got any easy electives in the 1st semester, and I mean walking into exam with a pickaxe in my head easy :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I got rejected for French, and I had Introduction to Programming I as an option. So I moved programming to Elective, and picked Introduction to Programming II as well for second semester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Ruski wrote: »
    I got rejected for French, and I had Introduction to Programming I as an option. So I moved programming to Elective, and picked Introduction to Programming II as well for second semester.

If your Programming I on Tuesday at 10, looks like we going to be in the same hall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yuugib wrote: »
    If your Programming I on Tuesday at 10, looks like we going to be in the same hall :D

+1

I wonder what the easiest assessed module is......i dont think its any of the ones im doing :(

I believe that what is meant for you wont pass you by so maybe not getting places could turn out to be lucky for some??? Well thats what i like to think.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

So glad they decided to make a second Arabic class! More than likely wouldn't have gotten in otherwise. Also got constitutional law- but didn't expect to fight off too many to get that one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Nope didn't get my provisional one, there were 50 places and 70 subscribed so I was one of the unlucky ones.

I picked Exploring Archaeology in the end. Looks grand, no final exam :) Doing Intro to Cognitive Science as my other one.

Jello wrote: »
    Nope didn't get my provisional one, there were 50 places and 70 subscribed so I was one of the unlucky ones.

I picked Exploring Archaeology in the end. Looks grand, no final exam :) Doing Intro to Cognitive Science as my other one.

Hi Jello, im also doing Exploring Archaeology!! Im glad that there is no exam at the end :) Wonder what this module is gonna be like.
    Sorry to hear you didnt get your provisional one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I didn't get french level 4 :(

My timetable is already prettyfull and I have to try and find something mildly interesting to fit in now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I'm delighted i got both my electives. Politics in S1 and Global Justice in S2!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

LauraLuck wrote: »
    Hi Jello, im also doing Exploring Archaeology!! Im glad that there is no exam at the end :) Wonder what this module is gonna be like.
    Sorry to hear you didnt get your provisional one.

Unless its changed since I did it, there is a final exam. There is a one hour, no negative marking mcq at the end of the semester.

There is also a quite extensive project too based on the field trip to tara and a trip to the museum by yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I did exploring arch last year, there is a final exam and a project as landyman said, however the module is excellent so you'll enjoy the work which isnt really that extensive.

If anyone wants any info on it feel free to PM me.

• Advertisement

Well the project isn't that hard, its just quite long.

I seem to remember mine running towards the 30 A4 pages mark, though it was pretty easy stuff, and mine had many many many diagrams in it (as space filler :pac:)

The lecturer, Aiden O'Sullivan, is a fantastic lecturer and is good craic too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

German Converstation & Debate and A Hitchhikers Guide To Philosophy :)
    Delighted but bricking it for the oral presentation in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Conor108 wrote: »
    +1

We can have a lil rendezvous before lecture, huh? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dunno if it's too late or what, but here's my annual plug :p

Do Intro to Cognitive Science, it's quality :D If you like psychology, you'll love this

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Got both of my modules
    International history 1914-1991 and European Union :rolleyes:

landyman wrote: »
    Unless its changed since I did it, there is a final exam. There is a one hour, no negative marking mcq at the end of the semester.

There is also a quite extensive project too based on the field trip to tara and a trip to the museum by yourself :pac:

I can handle a MCQ exam, hopefully.I meant that there is no 'Exam' exam if ya know what i mean.The project sounds like fun but im just hoping i can have enough time to do it because i am doing 4 subjects.:eek:

LauraLuck wrote: »
    I can handle a MCQ exam, hopefully.I meant that there is no 'Exam' exam if ya know what i mean.The project sounds like fun but im just hoping i can have enough time to do it because i am doing 4 subjects.:eek:

It really just takes a good weekends work is all. Not really too bad at all.

Just include a few decent sources and your grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Implosiony

Conor108 wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Foundation of Financial Mathematics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Yuugib wrote: »
    If your Programming I on Tuesday at 10, looks like we going to be in the same hall
    I got Tuesday and Thursday at 10am. Those are the only offerings for Programming I anyway.

Advertisement