Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did everyone get their electives, they wanted?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Maybe I'm just odd but I'm using the term elective very loosely this year. Both my "electives" are "recommended" modules that show up in both my streams. Load of rubbish.

Got them both

Unfortunately....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Guys my credit yoke thing on the registration page of SIS still says just 5 creidts for electives! Says 55 for core/options. Is this because one of my electives is also available as an option? The total registered credits says 60 anyway so I think its grand.

Also Im doing both electives in Semester 2. You can do that right? Or does it have to be one in each semester?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Yep, got both - Beginner's Italian and Phonetics. Both semester 2 though. I have all course-related modules in Semester 1 and only core course modules in semester 2 along with electives. Should be an interesting year (and I'm loving my Mondays off before I even start back!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Conor108 wrote: »
    Guys my credit yoke thing on the registration page of SIS still says just 5 creidts for electives! Says 55 for core/options. Is this because one of my electives is also available as an option? The total registered credits says 60 anyway so I think its grand.

Also Im doing both electives in Semester 2. You can do that right? Or does it have to be one in each semester?
    It's because the spaces in that electives were filled. Both of my electives are also options. Electives can be any module you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Didn't get into the provisional elective I signed up for, so just chose something else from my optional modules instead.

Even more maths! Not sure if I like that or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Woops yeah I see Exploring Archaeology does indeed have a final exam, I was told it didn't! No negative marking MCQ isn't too bad though.

Ruski wrote: »
    I got Tuesday and Thursday at 10am. Those are the only offerings for Programming I anyway.

Did you guys get that email today? Do we not have Intro to Programming at all this week so?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Did you guys get that email today? Do we not have Intro to Programming at all this week so?

Yep yep.. cancelled until 21st of Sept...

No rendezvous then:rolleyes: on the plus side - more free time!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

No rendezvous then:rolleyes: on the plus side - more free time!
    To the bar!

• Advertisement
Advertisement