Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garlic Potatoes

Options
  • 11-09-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Anyone got a recipe for garlic potatoes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

This is the method I use when making my garlic spuds.

Peel spuds
    Either slice them or have them in small chunks (i prefer chunks)
    Par boil them for a few mins - while this is happening you can prepare your garlic - chopped very finely.

Drain spuds and mix together with garlic in a pyrex bowl - you can then either mix is through with cream or creme fraiche (skinnier version) and cook for about 30 mins at about 160 degrees.

I would usually throw a few cubes or cheese and or scallions or onions through the mix - just to make it even eviler;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

i get really lazy when i make garlic potatoes.

i just get some new potatoes and half/quarter them unpeeled and throw into boiling water until they're nearly cooked through.

i then mash up about 8-9 cloves garlic with about 40 gms butter. to this i add some chopped parsley. then all i do is drain the potatoes, add the garlic butter in the pot and put the lid on and shake it around until the garlic butter/herbs cover the potatoes.

i love the sharpness of the uncooked garlic with the herbs and butter. makes your breath stink like hell but i prefer to have good food over good friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paul24

I use Delias recipe below. Loads of cream, butter and milk. Not something you want to eat everyday but they cannot be surpassed.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/french/gratin-dauphinois.html

Advertisement