Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Prepay Data plan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

its 35c a call, not a minute. and for every call taht goes into customer care, it costs o2 7euro odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

?cm_sp=Simplicity-_-Simplicity-Banner-_-HP-Banner2

This is what it says when you go looking at other call costs:

Calls to Customer Care Number 1890 99 55 02 35c per minute

It doesn't matter if it costs O2 €7 for each call, customer service should be free!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I thought it was 14cent to call customer care on pre pay and free on bill pay?

http://www.o2online.ie/help/contact_us.shtml

Doubt o2 have and 1890 number for customer care, There bad but hardly gone that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I thought it was 14cent to call customer care on pre pay and free on bill pay?

http://www.o2online.ie/help/contact_us.shtml

Doubt o2 have and 1890 number for customer care, There bad but hardly gone that bad.

Its new tariff terms for the simplicity plans. You use email or the o2 forum for customer care, or then the special number at a higher rate. Trying to save themselves money for man hours

Davy wrote: »
    Its new tariff terms for the simplicity plans. You use email or the o2 forum for customer care, or then the special number at a higher rate. Trying to save themselves money for man hours

Sounds far from Simplicity, Should be called the new Theft plan. An o2 number calling o2 costs nothing as it's an on net call. There just gouging again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sounds far from Simplicity, Should be called the new Theft plan. An o2 number calling o2 costs nothing as it's an on net call. There just gouging again.

Its not about the call, its about getting customers to use online CC so they dont have to pay as many to answer the phones

Davy wrote: »
    Its not about the call, its about getting customers to use online CC so they dont have to pay as many to answer the phones

Who's going to be replying to the emails? Rubber Ducks?
    A phone needs to be sorted straight away when someone has a problem, They've lost the plot.
    It really sounds like there in serious difficulty if they can't afford some customer care agents to answer the phone when you've a problem with your phone.
    Online has it's place and i'm sure it's successful but there in danger of becoming nothing more than a faceless webstore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

woodzie wrote: »
    I was just looking at the O2 website to see had they released any data plans for prepay customers and they still haven't. I left O2 in february because of this. Customers have been ranting on O2's forum for the last two years about it and were constantly being told something was coming soon and just looked at a thread on their forum and they are still giving the same responses.

Looks like O2 dont care about their prepay customers and trying to force them onto billpay plans if they want to get data.

Delighted I left, all the other networks have good prepay offerings with data for a while now and O2 have been dragging their heals.

What do you all think. Should they release a data plan for prepay or continue with what they are doing with their social link app
    I have just switched from Meteor to O2 as I went from Nokia N73 to HTC Smart. I couldn't get any internet connection for the first 3 days and for the second 3 days I can get online but then the whole thing goes offline and gives an error msg. O2 told me over the phone that their HTC phones give this problem a lot, and said to go into the store. The store told me that if I signed up to a prepaid plan, I wouldn't have the issue with online access. Apparently, I need the O2 Sense which is only available on prepay.

I plan to leave them. I was with Meteor on my N73. Don't rate Meteor much either, but then, don't rate much with SIM providers in Ireland. They all give better service and better deals to UK customers. I should know...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

woodzie wrote: »
    O2 really are becoming a joke, just looked at their simplicity plans, they charge customers 35c per minute to ring customer care. What a joke, they must be really out to annoy their customers or see how many customers they can lose in the shortest time possible. Customer Care should be free!! I cant understand how O2 have gone from being the most popular network not so long ago to becoming one of the most despised and greedy networks out there.

From calling Customer Care in the last 5 days as a new customer (for the last 5 days) the rate is 14c pm. Still horrendous, it should be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Looks like I'll be moving to Meteor aswell. No prepay data plan is ridiculous. I'll get the mother, the sister and the other half to move with me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

garyegt wrote: »
    its 35c a call, not a minute. and for every call taht goes into customer care, it costs o2 7euro odd.

So they attempt to recoup this money by charging PAYG customers but yet bill pay customers are free to ring customer care to their heart's content?!
    They're crazy!
    And meteor are copying them now I see...they used only have 1 customer care number for both bill pay & PAYG...1905. But I see that they've introduced a 17xx no for PAYG. Not sure how long ago though. What's wrong with these companies like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cardol wrote: »
    From calling Customer Care in the last 5 days as a new customer (for the last 5 days) the rate is 14c pm. Still horrendous, it should be free.

Why? the majority of calls taken by phone care centres are things that people shouldnt have to ring in about to begin with, I'm talking from experience btw so please dont tell me otherwise. It costs the company money to deal with calls, a lot of them unecessary "what time is it?" is a great one :rolleyes: meaning theres a wait time for the people who have genuine queries. The amount of idiots that ring customer care about nothing, or just for a chat, or to be a nuisance, or to get the same answer that 5 other people in a row have told them for the same issue,or because they dont know which network they're with and just ring them all till they get their actual provider, is ridiculous. prepay customers especially are the worst for ringing in about nothing.
    "whats my credit"
    "you can check that by dialling *100# into the phone, you dont need to call us for it"
    "ah I prefer hearing it from someone"
    "sigh...."

I remember a notorious customer who rang in to us over 200 times in the space of a month after joining the network, now thats over €1400 this guy cost the company in agent time and resources, he'd topped up by a tenner in all the time he'd been on the network, do the math, they kicked him off the network. Unfortunately like everything in life, idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

krudler wrote: »
    Why? the majority of calls taken by phone care centres are things that people shouldnt have to ring in about to begin with, I'm talking from experience btw so please dont tell me otherwise. It costs the company money to deal with calls, a lot of them unecessary "what time is it?" is a great one :rolleyes: meaning theres a wait time for the people who have genuine queries. The amount of idiots that ring customer care about nothing, or just for a chat, or to be a nuisance, or to get the same answer that 5 other people in a row have told them for the same issue,or because they dont know which network they're with and just ring them all till they get their actual provider, is ridiculous. prepay customers especially are the worst for ringing in about nothing.
    "whats my credit"
    "you can check that by dialling *100# into the phone, you dont need to call us for it"
    "ah I prefer hearing it from someone"
    "sigh...."

I remember a notorious customer who rang in to us over 200 times in the space of a month after joining the network, now thats over €1400 this guy cost the company in agent time and resources, he'd topped up by a tenner in all the time he'd been on the network, do the math, they kicked him off the network. Unfortunately like everything in life, idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

That's in all walks of life, especially in retail. People are idiots!!
    But the networks should just introduce a code of conduct expected of customers, whereby if they call in with nonsense after a specific amount of times they'll be kicked off the network. That's only fair.
    The provision of customer service is an absolute necessity for every company. Forcing your customers to directly pay for it is ridiculous. That's like walking up to the customer service desk in Dunnes and having to pay upfront before being served. Absolute nonsense.

Advertisement