Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Monday?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So black monday? Is it a myth or true, do people really skip all there lectures? Ive three starting at 10 with two hour gaps between them
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Yes, but it's more about the alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

katie007 wrote: »
    So black monday? Is it a myth or true, do people really skip all there lectures? Ive three starting at 10 with two hour gaps between them

When you see the queue for the bar around four o clock or five you will know yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    When you see the queue for the bar around four o clock or five you will know yourself!

If thats what you like to call it. I think mosh-pit or gauntlet of death are more appropriate.

OP, Go to your lectures if you want, people start drinking around campus whenever they feel like it so you should too. Car park cans ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

As Mikey said, just start your drinking whenever you feel like it (if you feel like it).

Don't think you'll be seen as a nerd for going to class! Most people do go to the lectures, but the first week isn't taken too seriously. It's more just to get you settled in.. Well, in first year anyway..

I have a lab first thing Monday morning! Stress of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Going before 1pm to the bar means there is minimal time spent queuing for a drink so horse the pitchers into you then. It gets insanely busy later in the afternoon to the point where going up to the bar is not really an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This is not school. The lecturers don't care whether you're there or not, and there is no attendance sheet. You won't be missed if you skip it. But you might get some useful information there, so ... why not just go? :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Akimbo pitchers all round lads. Serious business we're talking about here. No messin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Its fairly rubbish in my experience. Bar is so packed you can't move. Waiting 30 minutes to get served. Nowhere to put your pint down.

Better off going to your lectures and seeing is a mate on campus having a session in their res rather than going to the bar.

My experience anyway :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Akimbo pitchers all round lads. Serious business we're talking about here. No messin'.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Black with people more like. It's going to make O'Connell St. on Christmas Eve look positively quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Imma be a rebel and go to both my lectures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I suggest you avoid skipping out on any grammar lectures you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Uh-oh, look out folks, the grammar police has arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

The grammar police keep me from being the twat who corrects people's grammar online.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Will have my Courvoisier getting crunk de la phunk before Glaciers and the Quartermary tomorrow.

Joneser wrote: »
    Uh-oh, look out folks, the grammar police have arrived

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Are small groups / tutorials on in the first week? I am assuming not considering most of mine are before I have done any lectures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Are small groups / tutorials on in the first week? I am assuming not considering most of mine are before I have done any lectures?
    Small Groups perhaps, but usually no tutorials/labs until Week 3.

According to my timetable I have a lab at 9 o clock tomorrow! This is surely wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

According to my timetable I have a lab at 9 o clock tomorrow! This is surely wrong?

Must be a fúck up, you'd never have anything like that arranged for the first, or even the second, week. Is there a proper lecture for the same subject on this week?

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    Must be a fúck up, you'd never have anything like that arranged for the first, or even the second, week. Is there a proper lecture for the same subject on this week?

It has the lab listed for "all weeks".. I have a lecture in the same module at 12 today.. took some real effort to get up for this lab.. ill let ye know how it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I suggest you avoid skipping out on any grammar lectures you may have.
    If you don't have anything useful, helpful, or amusing to say, try not saying anything. Consider this a warning.
    bigred100 wrote: »
    The grammar police keep me from being the twat who corrects people's grammar online.
    Infracted for personal abuse.

Lab wasn't on.. grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

did you see the queu outside the student bar?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Black Monday? Why do I get the feeling students are just inventing reasons to get drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

There are defo labs on next week in Science (3rd pharm, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

Ah Black Monday. There's also another, more ambitious tradition known as Golden Week - where you go to EVERYTHING, and do all the required assignments. Sortof balances out the Black Monday, and your halo shines for a long time afterwards!

PS, you do this whenever you like, it's not a fixed thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n7sen

I skipped the monday only because conveniently I had 6 different lectures and all of them are stuff like breakdown of modules, etc. I guess stuff doesn't change even after two years in college and people still can't find out this for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

missed class this morning thanks to my alarm clock breaking - missed my first ever arch tutorial D: im guessing today was just an intro day and i didnt miss much...well hoping more like.... im hoping a few others were missing thanks to the aftermath of black monday :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement