Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you used your central heating yet?

• 11-09-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

A colleague said they've had the heat on for the past 2 weeks. Got some insulation done, I haven't needed the heat - is it down to the insulation or is my colleague just in a very cold house? Have you used you CH yet this Autumn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

next two or three weeks id say before i start lighting the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I've used it twice so far on rainy cold days.

I know people who will not put on the heat until oct no matter how cold it is. I would have no problem putting it on if it was a particularly cold summer night either.

I try not to light the fire tho until as late as possible, it really is winter when the fire is on :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I use my boiler all year round to heat water rather than use the immersion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No heating yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Heating water only 1 hour in the morning 1 in the evening,no radiator heat yet,actually thought it was on today with the heat inside!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just as a general tip, it helps to circulate the water in the rads over the Summer if only for a short time on a regular basis. It helps prevent various issues according to my heating guy.

Advertisement