Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALO:Reach Midnight Release?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Who here will be attending the Midnight release of Reach this monday night?

What edition are you getting and where are you getting it.

For example;I am getting Legendary edition and im getting it at GAME in dundrum, im just curuious to see what fans are devoted enough to stand around a store for hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Red_Dead wrote: »
    Who here will be attending the Midnight release of Reach this monday night?

What edition are you getting and where are you getting it.

For example;I am getting Legendary edition and im getting it at GAME in dundrum, im just curuious to see what fans are devoted enough to stand around a store for hours.

Why? Just why.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Probably get a better response here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

im getting the collectors, not going to a midnight launch as thats just stupid really. just so u know i seen the legendary edition and its not worth the money its cheap plastic island with cheap plastic figures standing on it take my advice cancel it and get the collectors edition!!

played through about half of halo reach and its great, just beware the legendary edition its cheap tacky ****e for 130 euro:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

im getting the collectors, not going to a midnight launch as thats just stupid really.
    It's not stupid when Xtravision are offering the game for half-price to the first five customers in each of the stores having a midnight launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Am I the only one who never got the whole Halo deal? I think it was the hype that put he off it it years ago so I havn't been back to it since Halo 1

I played ODST for 10 minutes and gave up, it had the same sh1tty controls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

calex71 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who never got the whole Halo deal? I think it was the hype that put he off it it years ago so I havn't been back to it since Halo 1

I played ODST for 10 minutes and gave up, it had the same sh1tty controls.

I actually felt the same way... hated halo 3, played it through for the sake of it and then traded it in. Couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. I picked up ODST for the sake of it because it was a fiver + an old game. I played through it the same way I did Halo 3 . Thought it was better than Halo 3 but still only OK.
    But then I went back and played through ODST at the Legendary difficulty and its like a completely different game altogether. You really have to think strategically to make it past some of the sections. I'm officially a fan now and picked up Halo 3 again to try and complete that on legendary as well.

Cant wait for Reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

kendragon wrote: »
    I actually felt the same way... hated halo 3, played it through for the sake of it and then traded it in. Couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. I picked up ODST for the sake of it because it was a fiver + an old game. I played through it the same way I did Halo 3 . Thought it was better than Halo 3 but still only OK.
    But then I went back and played through ODST at the Legendary difficulty and its like a completely different game altogether. You really have to think strategically to make it past some of the sections. I'm officially a fan now and picked up Halo 3 again to try and complete that on legendary as well.

Cant wait for Reach.

Yeah but does all this matter in a thread about the Halo Reach midnight release? Both topics in this thread should be in the Halo forum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

kendragon wrote: »

Cant wait for Reach.

I agree with halo 3, it was the most over hyped game ever, by proper review outfits and the rest (i still remember "best game ever" by the sun on the back). In reality it felt like halo 2 with a bit of polish and nothing more, certainly not deserving of the 90-95%'s it was getting, its a slap in the face to any decent game for something so derivative to get a score like that, and 2007 had some amazing games like mass effect and gears of war.

I dont know how your enjoying legendary mode, I only found easy any fun, anything higher and your getting into a frustrating repeat fest when some covenant gets lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both topics in this thread should be in the Halo forum anyway.

As should the thread itself. Moving to Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Mr E wrote: »
    As should the thread itself. Moving to Halo.

I might make a good mod one day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I might make a good mod one day ;)

kissass :D

Advertisement