Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did any shops break release date yet?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm asking this because when I was in Harvey Norman's today they had a load of regular edition boxes on the shelf with a 49.99 price tag on it. I thought I was minted and that I'd be getting the game a few days early. Unfortunately, when I got to the till, the wouldn't sell it to me.

So I'm wondering if anyone managed to get the game from a bricks and mortar shop yet? I remember argos sold Halo 3 early.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bloop

i work in a game shop and so far nobody has broken street date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

M$ are banning people from xbox live for playing Halo Reach before the release date so it wouldn't be a good idea to chance it even if the shops would sell it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

kendragon wrote: »
    M$ are banning people from xbox live for playing Halo Reach before the release date so it wouldn't be a good idea to chance it even if the shops would sell it to you.

They won't ban if it's a real copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A lad on my friends list in the UK got his copy today. Online retailers like Play and Game Gears sent their orders out yesterday so some received them today and plenty more will get their copy on Monday in the UK.

MS already said today that no one playing a retail copy will be banned but Bungie have said all online leaderboards and stats will be reset Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

They won't ban if it's a real copy of the game.

makes sense...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Im in Glasgow and picked one up Sat morning from an indie

Game of the year easy

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Is it really worth getting? or is it gonna be another Halo ODST

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

nachoman wrote: »

ODST was good.

This is great. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

ODST has nothing on Reach

Epic game.. the one thing I love about it so far is fighting the Elites.. they are so fast and aggressive makes it really fun

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

I hear the AI is gonna be more.. interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well the Halo AI has always been brilliant, an improvement on it has to be expected and could make this a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

nachoman wrote: »

I got to play it last night and it looks good. It's nothing special though, definitely not going to be game of the year imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

was in xtra vision today and the guys there said they will probably sell halo tonight and to come back around 7 ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

was in xtra vision today and the guys there said they will probably sell halo tonight and to come back around 7 ish :)

Might try my local Xtra and chance my arm....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Let us know if they do sell you it. As I think if one shop does it, they all can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

I work in Xtra-Vision. We will not sell the game UNLESS our District Manager says so. We got so many warnings and messages about the cost of being responsible for breaking the release date, so there is no way in hell it will be sold at 7pm tonight. Only if somebody like GameStop/GAME/HMV sell it first will we sell it before midnight.

Some info:
    Normal Editon: 49.99 + 800 MSP free.
    Limited Edition: 59.99 + 800 MSP free.
    Legendary Edition: 109.99 + 800 MSP free.

For the midnight launch stores (not all stores will be opening at midnight so check your local Xtra-Vision) the first 5 customers inside the shop at midnight will be given a voucher for half-price. Effectively, you get your Halo Reach at half the cost of normal. Naturally, the next question on everyone's mind is: can you use the voucher on the Legendary Edition. The answer is: I don't know.

Advertisement