Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess Green Chillies Ideas

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,
    Got a load of spare chillies and I want to use them up cos don't like wasting food. Found a few tomato based chutney and salsa ideas and am willing to give them a bash but the recipes seem a bit heavy on the chillies and not too mad on tomato chutney.
    Anyone any other ideas or previous experiences of using up excess chillies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

If you bought some other stuff, you could make your own green curry paste. Loads of recipes available.
    http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaicurrypasterecipes/r/greencurrypaste.htm
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/greencurrypaste_67789

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

They freeze fantastically. If you've the freezer space, you can just bung 'em into a ziploc bag and throw them in the freezer.

You can also make your own chilli oil.....chop them up, put into a bottle/jar of some sort, and then cover with a halfway-decent olive oil. Let it sit for a while, et voila.

I'd suggest chilli jam or sweet chilli sauce, but I've only ever used red chillis for that. green should work fine, but the colour could be a bit...well....odd.

Finally....pickled chillis are fantastico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I tend to get lots of leftovers and make salsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I heard that if you are to freeze them, cut the green things off the top first.

Don't know why.

Advertisement