Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass cutting Dundalk

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm desparate here, I've asked 4 different guys to cut my grass and none of them turned up. If it goes on much longer I'll need to borrow the neighbours goat!!!

If you are using a good and reliable guy please PM me the number, or if you are a grass cutter please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Is your grass that bad? I mean, is it that bad that you need the A-team of grass-cutters to come and mow it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Well it's not a jungle, it just needs to be cut. I just can't get anyone to do it for me :(

It's not exactly a jungle, one man could definately do it. Either with a ride on or a mower-(and I have a pretty decent mower too-just noone to bloody do it :()

(opps- delayed post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Grass and delayed posts...................one wonders:pac:

Is there anyone using this site either using a reliable grass cutter that they can recommend or is there a handyman out there capable of cutting grass?

Pleeeeeassseeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.... Why dont you just do it yerself ?

I'll do it you want.

I cant do it myself because I cant start the lawnmower as its a bit of a monster mower- that and the fact I dont want to do it :P.

If you are serious pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

axel rose wrote: »
    I cant do it myself because I cant start the lawnmower as its a bit of a monster mower- that and the fact I dont want to do it :P.

If you are serious pm me.

God do you axel roses not want to do anything? Last one didnt want to do a concert:D

:D Carrickmcjoe-You just cant get decent staff these days........

How can people say that these are no jobs????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

so you have an overgrown garden, and a lawn mower, and you would rather pay someone to do it for you rather than go out some evening for say 30 mins tops and cut the grass yourself?
    Ahhh now..
    Head out and do the job yourself, and afterwards you will feel a wonderful sense of achievement as you look out at the fruits of your labour:)

• Advertisement

Sweetie (seeing as 'we' are being patronising). I am a widow with a two year old, a large garden. I have a choice-mind my child or cut my grass. Besides which I can't operate the mower. If I am willing to pay someone to cut the grass what god damn concern is it of yours WHY I don't cut my grass?

I don't recall asking for an opinion on the matter :confused::confused::confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

I'm surprised no one's bitten your hand off for a few quid for such a simple job!! :eek:

If I was situated in Craptown I'd ahve been on to you days ago!

Well then hunny, how abouts you try advertising it in "adverts.ie" if thats the case?:rolleyes:
    And this is an internet forum, otherwise known as an online discussion site, once you start a thread, its generally up for discussion.

And the very best of luck in your search for a gardener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Have ye tried looking in the Argus(bleh) and Democrat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

papagormo wrote: »
    And this is an internet forum, otherwise known as an online discussion site, once you start a thread, its generally up for discussion.

Really?

"I am looking for someone to cut my grass in the Dundalk area."

Discuss.

Insurgent wrote: »

Discuss.

Am, think you will find I have discussed.
    so you have an overgrown garden, and a lawn mower, and you would rather pay someone to do it for you rather than go out some evening for say 30 mins tops and cut the grass yourself?
    Ahhh now..
    Head out and do the job yourself, and afterwards you will feel a wonderful sense of achievement as you look out at the fruits of your labour:)

Along with a bit of advice on where might be a suitable place to post jobs.
    Well then hunny, how abouts you try advertising it in "adverts.ie" if thats the case?

And finally, I pretty much ended my desire to contributing to the discussion aswell, finishing my involvement with:
    And the very best of luck in your search for a gardener.

Any other questions?
    Wouldn't think so, and so ends my conversation with you on the matter also.

Sweetie (seeing as 'we' are being patronising). I am a widow with a two year old, a large garden. I have a choice-mind my child or cut my grass. Besides which I can't operate the mower. If I am willing to pay someone to cut the grass what god damn concern is it of yours WHY I don't cut my grass?

I don't recall asking for an opinion on the matter :confused::confused::confused:.

I think with the name axel rose, people probably saw a long haired, overweight man who wears guns and roses t-shirts and sits around all day scratching his behind waiting on his rent allowance cheque to pop in the mail so he can put it away safely whilst he pops down to the post office to collect his social welfare allowance, then return to his house to look for someone to cut his grass because he suffers with an illness known as laziness and has suffered with it since he left school before finishing his Junior certificate.

No-one I think would of imagined your predicament. Depending on where you are I'd cut your grass for free if you want. :D how big is the garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Onesimus wrote: »
    I think with the name axel rose, people probably saw a long haired, overweight man who wears guns and roses t-shirts and sits around all day scratching his behind waiting on his rent allowance cheque to pop in the mail so he can put it away safely whilst he pops down to the post office to collect his social welfare allowance, then return to his house to look for someone to cut his grass because he suffers with an illness known as laziness and has suffered with it since he left school before finishing his Junior certificate.

No-one I think would of imagined your predicament. Depending on where you are I'd cut your grass for free if you want. :D how big is the garden?

I agree with this, sorry I did think the same.

Onesimus wrote: »
    I think with the name axel rose, people probably saw a long haired, overweight man who wears guns and roses t-shirts and sits around all day scratching his behind

LOL- whos to say that I don't have a big beer gut and receeding hairline to complete the look too :D. I got defensive with papagorma as I thought I had already explained that the mower is a bit of an animal to operate. besides which why I wasnt doing it myself was kind of irrelevant.

Any hoo Onesimus, I thank you so much for your offer but I'm too independant and bloody minded to accept freebies. However I really appreciate the offer ;).

LOL- whos to say that I don't have a big beer gut and receeding hairline to complete the look too :D. I got defensive with papagorma as I thought I had already explained that the mower is a bit of an animal to operate. besides which why I wasnt doing it myself was kind of irrelevant.

Any hoo Onesimus, I thank you so much for your offer but I'm too independant and bloody minded to accept freebies. However I really appreciate the offer ;).

In that case I'll pass on the grass to someone else, who may be of more help. :eek::pac:

Taking into consideration that your lawn mower is a bit of an animal to operate I'd probably end up getting bitten trying to tame it therefore I'll leave it to the masters. Hey you know if you look in the argus or online there are companies that actually do gardening and the like, try them, I'm sure they'd do a great job.

• Advertisement

The Argus/Democrate/Leader were the 1st port of call. I'm not including the ones that don't answer the phones. Then last week I saw a guy cutting grass in one of the retail parks- He took my details and said his boss would call me......still waiting on that call.......

The Argus/Democrate/Leader were the 1st port of call. I'm not including the ones that don't answer the phones. Then last week I saw a guy cutting grass in one of the retail parks- He took my details and said his boss would call me......still waiting on that call.......

My My, perhaps you showed him a picture of it to which his face ran white with fear? :D or maybe you have a name amongst all these land goats who eat grass for a living?*smoking pipe and talking like pirate fella from the simpsons* ''Oh no, dont go around there, I wouldnt do it for all the money in the world, thats yer wan with the big nasty lawn mower and a garden that would put the amazon to shame. Other men have entered therein and were never seen again. Beware BEWARE I tells ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The Scouts Bob-A-Job is a huge miss,especialy in this case:pac:

Those poor scouts were last seen in a northerly direction towards the swings. On a quiet night you can almost hear them sing B I N G O

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

How big is the garden? I knw a grass cutter

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

PM sent Axel . Man with a mower

Hi folks, just a note to thank everyone for the pms and interest in cutting the grass. I got a good few offers over the weekend and I have met a lovely girl who will be doing the job tomorrow. :)

If it wasnt for my fellow boardsies I'd be arrested for goat-napping!

Thanks all.

Advertisement