Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout Of Hype

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Top 8 from Wheel Of Hype;
    1. Jarvy1
    2. Tsukiko-chan
    3. Ramza
    4. Joe
    Voa - GorySnake
    Fletcher183 - Red350
    Congratulations to the Northerners' coming down and showing us we need to step up our game (I'm noticing a slight similarity between this and SSF4...is there just something lacking in the water here?). Good games and good times were had by all, I do hope.*;)
    While the tournament went as smoothly as could be hoped for the first of it's kind, I am massively thankful for Doom's help with the group stages and chopper's help with sorting the brackets during the elimination stages.

Now, onto serious business!
    Does anyone have a better name for the tournament than Wheel Of Hype? It's a bit of a mouthful and not quite as awesome as Inferno (then again, what could be?). So...any suggestions?
    Any gripes/complaints/annoyances about the way in which the tournament was run? (besides the absurd luck Joe had. Sorry about that man, seeding should fix that for you though)
    Any desires for when the next tournament should be held? I would like to leave it till the second week of the month after the official EU release, personally, but if others want another tournament before that, I could cobble one together, I'm sure.*:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Is this Jarvy fella from up north, then? I haven't heard of him but well done to him anyway.

As for the date of the next WoH, you'll have no disagreement from me about a November date. I'm looking to start travelling to Dublin on at least a semi-regular basis for FG tourneys, and if WoH eventually takes place monthly or bi-monthly I could go to Inferno one month, WoH the next, and so on, which would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd like to get us up to monthly status, and with a solid 16 in our first run to start us off, we have a good place to go from.

And aye, Jarvy is one of my PSN training buddies from up the North, and damned fine Bang and a finer Ragna. Hopefully the CS 2 release won't be too harsh on the poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Could just call them Rebel (Tournament number), as long as you don't mind that 50 other BB tourneys probably already call themselves that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

When I did a BB tournament I called it Rebel 1, it's a nice name & safe bet.

Why not call it 'Incondite' or 'Collision Course' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I vote for the tournaments to be called "Caruluru Crlover".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Voa wrote: »
    I'd like to get us up to monthly status, and with a solid 16 in our first run to start us off, we have a good place to go from.

And aye, Jarvy is one of my PSN training buddies from up the North, and damned fine Bang and a finer Ragna. Hopefully the CS 2 release won't be too harsh on the poor man.

Cool.

As an aside, four of the five most-recently-posted-in threads on this forum are Blazblue-related at time of posting. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The wheel of hype rolled over me and broke my legs. :pac:

This Jarvy fella came out of absolutely nowhere and beat the tar out of everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I had to fight him twice.

I did not do well.

ALSO, I somehow lost to Doom, and that leaves me feeling...
    well...

large-salt-pile-792875.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

The wheel of hype rolled over me and broke my legs. :pac:

This Jarvy fella came out of absolutely nowhere and beat the tar out of everyone!

yeah he was very good,
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I had to fight him twice.

jeez kiki you think that was bad, i had to fight him in groups, then after i have to fight him in winner bracket. Then i had to fight him in loser bracket.

I had to fight him 3 times, it was so tense. god his bang is hard to defend against.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Brilliant tournament I had loads of fun. Red making Top 8 with a clutch single victory, Chopper's mad hype.

Second week of every month sounds good, I'd like one in October before EU release, it would help create interest for people to buy the game. Also I cant make it to Inferno that month frown.gif

Names? Whatever's the opposite of an Inferno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to everyone I played it was great fun I am chuffed overall. Back to the drawing board

How about Blizzard? XD (as an opposite to Inferno)

A few other ones I could think of off the top of my head that might be suitable would be ; (sorry if these are cheesy or whatever, I thought they sounded good with the 1, 2, 3 etc attached to the end)

Eternal
    Nova or Novus (tied with the NOL)
    Omega

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just call it Inferno Divided. :D

Just call it Inferno Divided. :D

That's.... actually not bad all!

I second this.

lmao, i was thinking of more names earlier on and the pun entered my head that the tourney was kind of like an inferno divider xD

sounds good

I'll support an Inferno Divider pun. :cool:

The Inferno Division, perhaps?

Suggests a competition or grouping therein along with the special move pun and play on the local SF4 tourney, what more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Inferno/(number) does sound pretty nifty*:p Though I am partial to Nova or something along those lines myself...
    I suppose I'll make a post sometime in the next couple weeks to see when suits for the next tournament; if we should leave it till the EU release and have a release tournament first or just have it second week of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Second week of the month sounds good as Dragon Slayers tends to be third week of the month.

I like the sound of Blizzard (also a move in BB), Novus or Inferno Divided.

Novus sounds good, but inferno divider would be like the ssf4 tourney so not really.

just throwing names out now

Azure
    Grimoire
    NoL
    Armagus
    Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan
    Impact

man this is tough, well whatever. I just looking forward to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I think you guys should go with a different name to avoid confusion personally.

I dunno I like the pun, sounds better than just picking a random related word.

I already imaged the poster with a little silhouetted Ragna sprite performing the namesake. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The Ice Car Grand Prix :pac:

As funny as it is, inferno divider would be confusing

Ramza wrote: »
    As funny as it is, inferno divider would be confusing

you could just call it divider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

hey guys,

Joe: I had a lot of fun when i was down with you lot. I really learned so much for my Makoto from Joe :3 dude, you need more parrying XD tehe ♫

Jarvy: I'm gonna have to practice up for you next time Jarvy! Your bang was quite insane! It took me a few of our matches to get used to blocking you and thats when you switched to Ragna XD lol! Jarvy, you up north? you should pop along to dragonslayers more often!

Chopper: dragonslayers is on every week, we have BB casuals going every tuesday but we are gonna try get more tournament events running in the future.

Voa: I'm definately up for the team battle north v south sometime XD would be so much fun! Also, i'm going to be talking to vaughan and the rest of the slayers to see if we can get a bi-monthly (or regular) BBCS tournament events. If we can somehow get more hype for it up here (alongside the dublin tournaments), we can somehow create a bigger scene for BB.

Also, for the whole name suggestions, some of those done sound nice(inferno divider sounds perfect!). the only few i can think of is:
    Azure Inferno
    The king of the Azure fist tournament

Also, its an actual game name but it would be fun to base something off the "BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale" game :O

guys, sat was fun for me and im gonna try make it down for more of these tournaments!

I shall lead Team South to victory.

images-1.jpg

TO WAR!!!

GorySnake wrote: »
    I shall lead Team South to victory.

hell yeah gory 5th best player around we are so gonna win ^_^

• Advertisement

Best in ROI <