Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout Of Hype

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

Ramza wrote: »
    Best in ROI <

Tourney says so xD

Hahaha, what a way to take the rankings XD Dude, you gotta remember too, the other main BB players from up north (Vyze, Inferis and Yreval) couldn't make it down.

Forgot to ask you Ramza, how'd you do in your group back in SVB? I didn't get to talk to you much as i was busy running around like a headless chicken with the teamtournament and helping out the Stickmodding corner and just helping out staff when i had the chance :O

Far as i'm aware, cuz of the sheer hype from saturday, Vyze and Inferis both say they should be down alongside me next time so expect a fun tournament :3

Also, Yreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeval! you didn't make it down after all D:< mew!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Why not call it I D (eye dee) and only call it inferno divider if someone asks.

Best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I didn't enter BB at SVB

I entered the team tourney on Sunday for the lulz, and managed to almost OCV Holly's team (not being a dick or bragging, just v surprising.) (with just one week exp xD). Must of been an off day for her given how she bodied me on Sat xD I almost beat the last guy on their team, but it was a Lamda, and that's a gay match for me xD

My team ditched me so it was just me

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I didn't enter BB at SVB

I entered the team tourney on Sunday for the lulz, and managed to almost OCV Holly's team (with just one week exp xD). Must of been an off day for her given how she bodied me on Sat xD I almost beat the last guy on their team, but it was a Lamda, and that's a gay match

My team ditched me so it was just me
    Pfft, Lambda's not a gay match, you just got bodied by one of the illest mofos this side of Socal!

I really ought to put some more practise in, I couldn't do anything (like, wakeup freakin' gravity well! :() on those CRTs so I think I'm to used to playing on slight HDTV lag. :P

*shrugs*It was all good craic, if i recall i didn't lose that badly to you back in svb in the team battles ramza XD holly got her revenge after all meow! hee hee. good job though doing what you did dude :3

Yea, nerves hit me bad at times in SVB. It seems to only happen in tournaments now, in casuals I'm grand. I can't play in tournaments anymore without my new svb playlist ;_;

Don't blame the tvs Vyze ;p we all messed up in our own ways :3 But, i guess you didn't get to practice much on those tvs on sat and sunday so that would've got to you a bit (i played a fair bit of practice on those as makoto against a few svb players).

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Pfft, Lambda's not a gay match, you just got bodied by one of the illest mofos this side of Socal!

I really ought to put some more practise in, I couldn't do anything (like, wakeup freakin' gravity well! :() on those CRTs so I think I'm to used to playing on slight HDTV lag. :P

****, was that you I played? I dunno how the hell I even got as far as I did, I entered for a laugh and did surprisingly well. I hate Lambda as a match and need more exp. V well played tho

*shrugs*It was all good craic, if i recall i didn't lose that badly to you back in svb in the team battles ramza XD holly got her revenge after all meow! hee hee. good job though doing what you did dude :3

Yea, nerves hit me bad at times in SVB. It seems to only happen in tournaments now, in casuals I'm grand. I can't play in tournaments anymore without my new svb playlist ;_;

Don't blame the tvs Vyze ;p we all messed up in our own ways :3 But, i guess you didn't get to practice much on those tvs on sat and sunday so that would've got to you a bit (i played a fair bit of practice on those as makoto against a few svb players).

Nope you didn't lose badly, I was quite surprised I won. I felt like I cheated you of a win to be honest. But like I said it must of been an off day compared to your performance on Sat :D. I know all about nerves, it can be a killer at times

I'm gonna keep practicing and try to be as good as I can be. It's really great to see the scene taking off now

Rule #1 against Lambda - unless you see her whiffing something big, don't airdash. You'll get caught in a 6D or an Act Pulsar C and you'll be hurtin'!

Also if you know an Act Pulsar is coming, just block low - for some reason loads of people still forget that there's no overhead Act Pulsar. :D

I find it hard to get in with Hakumen vs her. Then again I have close to no matchup exp so yet to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I find it hard to get in with Hakumen vs her. Then again I have close to no matchup exp so yet to learn

Ramza i'm taking you down next time :D. also due to tourney, your the best blazblue player down south :eek:
    Oh yeah i like the sound of just calling the tourney I.D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I.D. or Divider for the win! The others sound a bit clichéd to be honest.

Also, nice to see you posting Tsukiko_chan. I was cheering for you in the finals, so impressive. And DAT ARCADE STICK. Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Holly's just lucky I left early :D

/ego

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pics* or GTFO.

*Disclaimer: pics of the stick, kthnx ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Xinkai wrote: »
    Holly's just lucky I left early :D

/ego

Didn't you fail to get out of groups? I know I did too, but I didn't dedicate myself to this game a while back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Xinkai left before the knockout rounds to save face as he knew he could not get past the hype machine known as Caruluru Crlover!!!!!!

Off screen fireballs for life!

SURPRISE HADOUKENS!!! :eek:

Onion I knew i had to leave early anyways, and there was a 3 way tie in my group, Me, Holly & Fletcher all had 2 wins. Now technically, Me & Holly won our matches 2-0 2-0, while Fletch won 2 games 2-1 2-1, meaning technically Fletcher should have gone out in groups, but Voa said it just counts as sets, games don't count.

So we were left in a 3 way tie, & I had to run off to the pics anyways, so I just dropped out & let Holly & Fletcher through. So no, I didn't go out in groups by LOSS, I went out by choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Everyone got out of groups. We ran a sixteen person double-elimination bracket.

Red finished joint seventh and only won one proper match all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think I came sixteenth :D

PSP BBCT was definitely awesome for having me 100% understand the plot, but I was absolutely dreadful at the game, although I think I upgraded to just dreadful once I swapped out a stick for pad (Ramza taunt binding aside).

I was hoping to stay and see the finals since I knew the Doomcam wasn't there, but I'm afraid I had to head away early and got drowned in the rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pics* or GTFO.

Can't find a picture of the stick. I came across this:

http://tsukiko-chan.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d29ucn0

...but unless you're logged into Deviantart you can't see it as it's filtered for mature content. In any case, you can rest assured that it's an impressive-looking piece of kit.

As for a name, how about "Novus Orbis Bellum"? It's Latin for "New World Battle", like how "Novus Orbis Librarium" is Latin for "New World Library".

That sounds cool but then that's NOB when abbreviated >.< Can see the slagging already :P

But that's just me

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Didn't you fail to get out of groups? I know I did too, but I didn't dedicate myself to this game a while back :P
    BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!

Ramza, against Lambda you gotta make use of your j.C any time she's airborne, and if you see a Spike Chaser or Sickle Storm you can cut it on reaction - just don't do it from fullscreen or else she'll have enough time to 4DD you! Also, if a Lambda is just whiffing 5CCCCCCCC in front of you, just go for a cut since it's a projectile.

As for the name, take a shot at Square Enix naming. Duodecim Deciduous Dodecahedron Divider.
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Voa said it just counts as sets, games don't count.
    Yeah that's how tournaments work.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pics* or GTFO.

I'll see if i can get a photo taken of it in the coming day or 2 :O that DA page is indeed the pic of the artwork i have on my stick but I need to show photos of the blood stick itself i guess.

Thanks also Onion XD

Also Xinkai, you willingly left a tournament of Blazblue hype for Resy movie 4 >:3 you made your choice teheheh ♫ besides, I'm sure you would've gone up against chopper again to put your lamda in her place tehehehe XD

Wait, Xinkai left for the Resident Evil film? Oh my days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    Wait, Xinkai left for the Resident Evil film? Oh my days.

He just ran away when he saw Jarvy destroying everyone, couldn't think of a better excuse.

Didn't even have his 3d glasses with him. :pac:

I'm sure you would've gone up against chopper again to put your lamda in her place tehehehe XD

He would have hyped into my face forcing me to retire. In my mind, Chopper was the real winner lol

To be fair, weirdly enough, Chopper is the best thing to ever happen to Irish Blaz Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

To be fair, weirdly enough, Chopper is the best thing to ever happen to Irish Blaz Blue.
    This is entirely true. No one is more hype than Chopper.

Voa wrote: »
    This is entirely true. No one is more hype than Chopper.

That's it. He's been renamed Hyper Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I can't wait till we go on the train somwhere.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    I can't wait till we go on the train somwhere.

SMELL THE TISSUE

Advertisement