Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA site works

Options
  • 11-09-2010 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

I see they are making progress on a new road off the roundabout between Charlesland and the swimming pool.
    I wonder are they going to start building too?
    And will it be a through route to the beach via path at rear of driving range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Don't think they'll be putting in access to the beach end through the site. Had a sneak through the other day and there is quite a drop into the stream at the end of the site. No sign of a bridge :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Up till now you could get along a rough path and emerge at the bridge on the golf road if you followed the outside of the sewage works railings (to the left as you go in), but I was hoping for something better; a new second bridge with public access.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Ahhh no!! I was knee deep in the river on Saturday trying to get across!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

does anyone know what is going on down there? where is the road going to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

aev wrote: »
    does anyone know what is going on down there? where is the road going to go?

Into what is hoped to be an industrial estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 grouser

They are putting in road and drainage, etc services for an office park, which will develop over time - usually through private developer investments, so that might take a while. The road will not go through to anywhere - only into the park. You may notice the various exits off the road into each office site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=027224&LASiteID=0
    There is some compliance information online - these consist of commencement notice, drawings, archealogical reports. The drawings show a road off the roundabout with a further roundabout at the end which has a right turn with a distributor road returning back towards Seabourne/Charlesland Golf course.

Currently, a planning application is in for 'To-let' signage at the main roundabout at the swimming pool
    http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=102792&LASiteID=0

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement