Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insanely dumb noobish questions =)

Options
  • 11-09-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

My site has "secured By Siteground" written at the very bottom of every page and I can't figure out where in the CSS code it lies.

In Google Chrome if I open the developer console I can see the code:

line 510 of index.php:
    <div class="modifydate" id="sgfooter" style="padding: 5px; text-align:center; margin: 0 auto;">Secured by Siteground <a href="http://www.siteground.com/">Web Hosting</a></div>

what is writing to index.php in this way? Sgfooter can't be found...I posted on the Joomla forums and they though it was a component but it happens with a fresh copy of the build and seems once I install a siteground them this footer hangs around regardless of the theme in use?

One more really stupid question, I have edited the background header image of my theme with the company logo and there is no option in the theme to have the header image linkable to the site.

In this case the header.img is sunshine.jpg, again I have been in and out of every php and css file and cant find reference to sunshine.jpg so as I can wrap href tag's round it.

Yelp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

Dreamweaver has a great search feature that will search entire folders of code, just type in 'Secured by Siteground' and let it search through the entire joomla folder, and youll find the offending code, remove it, itll be php generated for sure but removing the entire function might cause an error so just empty the stuff between the quotes if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you're using free hosting, then they could be injecting that link into your pages as they are served - so you might find it hard to remove it.

Though, something as simple as this might work in your CSS:
    #sgfooter
    {
    display: none
    }

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

eoin wrote: »
    If you're using free hosting, then they could be injecting that link into your pages as they are served - so you might find it hard to remove it.

Though, something as simple as this might work in your CSS:
    #sgfooter
    {
    display: none
    }

Unfortunately this worked like a charm (nuthin else to do now:P)

Thanks lads. BTW it's my own server not free hosted...wudda liking to know what was injecting this.

Good thing I back came here first as I had found out not five minutes ago that javascript files can be opened in notepad and was just about to start tearing them all apart looking for this menace of a yoke.

...I know if I D/L dreamweaver tonight I won't go to bed:o

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you're using windows, then download a program called "wingrep" - it's great for searching for specific strings in a folder.

Advertisement