Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bee C+C

• 11-09-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Shot this at f/1.4 with the 50mm ...

4828807884_8f45d4d27c_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

nice shot the monkey- but i think a tighter crop would be better- try and get rid of top left and bottom right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Hey Monkey, mucho respect for getting that shot, at F/1.4 too.

Were you trying for ages before you got this one, how did you get it? Shutter speed?, flash?? You were using manual focus I take it.

I hope to get some of one of those little hover bees sometime, must read up a bit on best practice.

I like it exactly as it is, gives me a feeling of the wide open space, but then again I'm sure a tighter crop would look spectacular too.

Is this photo cropped already by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

That's pretty sweet, is the background blur from the lens or photoshop? Great shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Visuelle wrote: »
    That's pretty sweet, is the background blur from the lens or photoshop? Great shot.

It's a small depth of field because the_monkey was shooting at f1.4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hey Monkey, mucho respect for getting that shot, at F/1.4 too.

Were you trying for ages before you got this one, how did you get it? Shutter speed?, flash?? You were using manual focus I take it.

I hope to get some of one of those little hover bees sometime, must read up a bit on best practice.

I like it exactly as it is, gives me a feeling of the wide open space, but then again I'm sure a tighter crop would look spectacular too.

Is this photo cropped already by the way?

Cheers all , I actually got really lucky with this shot ! , it was my 2nd or 3rd firing that got it , I used AutoFocus, the bee was buzzing quite slowly so it wasn't hard to use AF to get him.

No Flash was used.

Photo is not cropped , I will try a few different crops.

Blur is natural caused by wide aperture (f/1.4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

That's no bee, it's a hoverfly, and great capture!

Are you sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The photograph, it is very beezee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Nice, I really like it. Cropping out the white in the top left corner would probably add to the shot.
    Is he carry something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

zdooldreb wrote: »
    Nice, I really like it. Cropping out the white in the top left corner would probably add to the shot.
    Is he carry something?

yeah i think he grabbed something from the plant..

• Advertisement

It looks like pollen gathered on its legs:
    2864_2.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

errrr pretty sure thats not a hoverfly and is a bee :p

Advertisement