Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford women going for the double!

Options
  • 11-09-2010 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

It seems people sometimes don't give a fig forget that ladies play sport too and have been even known to win things for their county where their male counterparts don't! So please get behind all the camogie girls tomorrow who've been slogging it out on the pitches all year to try and bring All-Ireland glory back to Wexford tomorrow! Loch Garman abú!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Congratulations on reaching the big 1,000 posts and best of luck to the Wexford Ladies tomorrow. Incidentally, does this mean the morning train will be jammed? I know it is a six coach set tomorrow instead of the usual three piece railcar but do you think that a large crowd will be getting the train? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Congratulations on reaching the big 1,000 posts and best of luck to the Wexford Ladies tomorrow. Incidentally, does this mean the morning train will be jammed? I know it is a six coach set tomorrow instead of the usual three piece railcar but do you think that a large crowd will be getting the train? :)

Thank you, I thought it was a memorable place for the big 1,000! :)
    If it's any help to you, I know most of my friends will be driving up tomorrow. Unfortunately, the hysteria doesn't seem to hit the same fever pitch as when the men do well so I can't imagine the trains selling out. It might be worth your while pre-booking tonight though on www.iarnrodeireann.ie just to ensure you have a seat -and hopefully ear-plugs for the way back!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Looking good so far anyhow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Wooooohoooooooo!!!! :):):):)
    Well done Una and the girls, lovely hurling -All Ireland champions once again!! Only wish I was there for this one too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Morning train was stuffed so I bailed out at Gorey but glad to hear that the girls won. Got home early as a result and am I'm glad not to be on the evening train tonight. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Congratulations to the women,great result and some great finishing by the forward line-ye made us nervous near the end though.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Well done Wexford !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Well done to all the girls... a great result :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I presume the bandstand on the quay is set up for the homecoming....? Passed it on the way to Dublin tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Well Done to the Wexford Senior Camogie team!!!!! Also well played to be intermediate team who almost pulled of a great comeback after being well behind at half time.

Good to see Wexford supporters on TV with smiles on their faces especially the youngsters for a change!

Congratulations!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Congrats... cracking final... was close, fair play to Galway for making a real game of it in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

Thrilled for the Wexford women. Giving me a reason to feel some pride in my county, fair play.

And as for the intermediates, first time I've ever seen a Wexford team that didn't quit when it was being hammered. Picked themselves up fought back hard and nearly made it stick. Couldn't believe I was watching a Wexford team... I'll be watching a lot more Camogie in the future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

"And as for the intermediates, first time I've ever seen a Wexford team that didn't quit when it was being hammered. Picked themselves up fought back hard and nearly made it stick. Couldn't believe I was watching a Wexford team... "

Totally agree sonic. I hope the hurlers were watching and taking note. I was proud of them. This was the way of all Wexford teams once upon a time. Never say die!

Well done to both teams - great displays. Una Leacy's absolute joy at recieving the cup was a brilliant sight.:D

Advertisement