Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blessed or cursed?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

hey im new to this forum so be nice :o

so my mam told me years ago that wen i was brought home from hospital as a new born, an old white witch came to see me. she came in the door and dismissed my parents etc and went straight to wherever i was (pram or somethn) apparently she stared at me for ages and then gave baby boots to my parents and rushed out.
    i think she died soon after,.
    lol i dunno if i believe in anything paranormal. im open to it.
    i often get preminitions and "feelings" or i sense something....

Does any of this mean anything?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It just means an old lady came to see the new baby and leave a present. If she was a white witch, then the key to her intentions is in the name, :) she would see birth as a gift, and just wanted to welcome this new person into the world, Im sure. It does not mean you are blessed or cursed, your just the same as the rest of us, doing the best you can with the life youve got.

You arent alone in feeling things and getting premonitions, there are plenty of like minded people you can talk to about that around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Well, if this makes you feel any better...

One of my family's neighbours had a daughter who was born with Downs Syndrome, which she seemed to find hard to accept for a long time. Anyway, shortly after I was born, my mam said that this woman came to the house and stared at me in the cot very carefully for ages. My mam interpreted it as her wanting to be certain that I didn't have D.S. either. You can laugh or shake your head dismissively at that if you like (I usually laugh at it), but it just illustrates how people can have many varied reasons for staring at babies - whether they practice white witchcraft, or not.

When I'm near a baby, I sometimes look them straight in the eye because I reckon they're fascinating, intelligent little creatures. But that's all there is to it. Some babies are really a joy to watch though. But not to hold, lol.

Advertisement