Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitlord/utorrent confusion

• 11-09-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I used to use limewire..A friend recommended bitlord and u torrent... I CANT FIGURE THE DAM THING OUT!!! Anything easier than it or am i using it wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

I can't really determine whether you're using it correctly or not without an example of how you use it.

Here's a brief explanation:
    To download something using utorrent, you'll first need a .torrent file. If you wanted the latest (non-beta) release of ubuntu desktop, you could use this torrent file.
    You can load a torrent file into utorrent by either double clicking it or pressing CTRL+O with the utorrent interface open.
    When the torrent shows up in the main panel in utorrent, right click it and then click start. This will get utorrent to connect to the trackers specified in the torrent file, and then connect to peers sharing parts of the file you want to download. All those peers share the files between themselves, including you. When the download percentage reaches 100%, you can right click the torrent and click either Open or Open Containing Folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if only they would make a sticky thread to keep at the top of the forum for something like this.

they could call it something catchy like the P2P (Bittorrent etc) configuration & use discussion...ongoing (Only place to post!) so it would be easy to find.

oh wait...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

See sticky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement