Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHY WON'T YOU HEAL?>:(

Options
  • 12-09-2010 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I got my right ear lobe pierced about 3/4 months ago so I could start stretching both my lobes but the right lobe will not heal at all. And by that I mean it's still bleeding and all....iv tried soaking my ear in a solution of a pint of boiled water and a 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt everyday for 10 minutes and still nothing.

Iv also done the whole don't touch the piercing unless I have to and still then I wash my hands before.

I was wondering if anybody would know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm also allergic to silver which is why I made sure I get jewelry that's doesn't contain any silver in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sometimes it just takes longer, that's the way it goes. I actually streched mine around that time as well and now on a 8mm. It just takes longer for some unfortunately.

Do you get pus coming out of your ears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'd be concerned that it's still bleeding. Are you in good health and eating well? Anemic? I'd go back to your piercer and get em to have a look to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

3/4 months and still bleeding is a problem. Personally speaking, I'd remove the jewellery and let it close, then when its completely healed, get it repierced. Maybe even consider a new piercer. I pierced our apprentices ear at the start of the summer (June) and under my supervision, he has it gauged to a 00. So as you can see, yours still bleeding after the same length of time is a cause for concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

3/4 months and still bleeding is a problem. Personally speaking, I'd remove the jewellery and let it close, then when its completely healed, get it repierced. Maybe even consider a new piercer. I pierced our apprentices ear at the start of the summer (June) and under my supervision, he has it gauged to a 00. So as you can see, yours still bleeding after the same length of time is a cause for concern.

*stretched

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm no professional, but one of my lobe piercings took about three months to heal because I had a ring in it. After three months I got so sick of it that I stuck a stud in it. It healed in about a week. I think that dried lymph that stuck to the ring between cleanings moved with the ring everytime it moved and stopped it healing properly.
    Or else it was a hell of a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Barbells put a lot less pressure on the skin thats trying to heal compared to rings.

Advertisement