Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister found out I was gay! (HELP}

Options
  • 12-09-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi! I am 18 year old guy! Ye know from my other posts my story! Today I made a big mistake. I was on gaire.ie http://www.gaire.com/ if ye don't know it. I had a message posted on it anyway asking for advice and I tought I was in the house by myself and I went to the bathroom and my sister came in and saw it. I saw her going threw the history them and she was like I just had to check mr email and she didn't say anything else.
    What should I do? Bring it up or let her do it?:(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The decision to come out should be yours and yours alone. No one should hold you to ranson. You should speak to your sister about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

She already knows, so you should take initiative and come out to her directly. She's most likely going to avoid the subject thinking you'll be embarrassed. Hell, she's probably embarrassed from finding out something so intimate accidentally.
    Shoe her its nothing to be embarrassed about. You're gay, big whoop, pass the salt please.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Yep the balls in your court now!
    Good luck, and remember she didnt comment on what she saw....shes either respecting your privacy or embarrassed.... speak to her. If you wait and pretend nothing happened it will always be in the back of your mind when you see her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Ya! I'm away tonight she's 26 by the way and She rang me and the last time she rang me back in November. She jus asked me any news??
    The thing is I don't know can I trust her to keep a secret from other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

just ask her not to tell anyone else for now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Something similar happened to me some years back. My sister was using my PC to look for work in the U.S. She decided to apply for Gap jeans. She started typing in the URL "http://www.ga " .. and Internet Explorer decided to be helpful and guess the site she wanted based on the browser's URL history...

We never did confront it at the time but I think it was a pretty strong indicator for her.

Hi Cooltown

Did you ever read this

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/view-f.asp?parent=1180419

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Well she already knows, so if she's not trustworthy then she'll tell. But if you explain to her that you're not ready etc, then hopefully she won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

She know anyway and there isn't much I can do about it. She made a comment to me the other night will what are all those message boards you are always on about.

cooltown wrote: »
    She know anyway and there isn't much I can do about it. She made a comment to me the other night will what are all those message boards you are always on about.
    what did you answer?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement