Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 9800 Torch

Options
  • 12-09-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know when this is hitting Ireland ?

Can be bought unlocked from the beginning of October so I presume it must be soon.

Phone looks absolute class - especially like having both an on screen and a slide out keyboard.

http://na.blackberry.com/devices/blackberrytorch/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Sorry for the Thread Bump folks

Has anyone bought a BB torch and if so whats the verdict?

I really want to get one but I have seen some mixed reviews on the net.

The processor doesnt seem to be the best but i like the functionality of having a touch screen and qwerty keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

both voda an o2 have it already,i got one from uk about one month ago,
    Iv been bb user for the last 4 years and torch is the best so far,i dont use touchscreen that much,i prefer qwerty keybord,but for browsing,pinch and zoom is a must.
    We all know bb is well behind android or ios,but if u need emails,bbm and couple off apps,its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Blackberry messenger won't work on meteor/emobile/tesco/justmobile/postphone nor will blackberry mail. Voda, 3 & 02 all require you to be have a blackberry add on, which can cost up to 30pm extra on your bill depending which network your on.

If your buying this as an ordinary phone it's not really suitable your probably better off looking at an android based phone.

Blackberry is really for business use with companies using blackberry server etc.

As it was mentioned before,it depends what you want to do with the phone.
    I need fast email delivery,bbm and qwerty keybord,so I chose blackberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I currently have a Nokia E63 which I use for company email, texting, calls etc. The QWERTY keyboard is a must

We dont have a Balckberry server but we recently migrated to the Microsoft BPOS system which has a Blackberry Client add-on.

Despite the concerns with the speed of the device I think I will go for it.

• Advertisement

Dedinately get 9800 you wont be dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

I was thinking of getting this phone over the iphone - would be good to get work emails as i'm out of the office a good bit - what do I need to ask the IT guys to make sure that I can get the work emails on it - from a previous post I see something about an add on - know people get their work emails on the old Iphone here but is it the same or a different system for BB?

Advertisement