Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused; dream analysis, help!

Options
  • 12-09-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey, first time poster & reader - wasn't aware of this forum until a half hour ago! I've been skimming through threads & it seems okay to ask for a lil analysis, so...

I'm used to having unusual dreams, but I can always relate them (after analysis myself!) to my current situations, however last nights (being friday night) has confused me - I can't see 'the bigger picture' in it. Also I'm only remembering 4 main points or words; Confrontation, Sex, Marriage and Confusion.

Basically I know it's something to do w/ my current waking point , but - I don't understand it, so any insight given , please do :)

Right, I basically confronted a guys ex gf and told her everything I wanted to get off my chest to her, telling her she needs to let go, move on, let him live his life ect ect. Then this guy was like extremely happy w/ me (don't get that bit) , we messed around - his friends and neighbours were all very happy too w/ what i did/said to this girl. This girl eventually like buggered off(i don't know where to), then i realised i was married to him, and that made me really confused and anxious - I got those two feelings. I don't remember anything beyond the feeling of confused (maybe I woke up!!) (I don't want to marry at this point in my life and this guy is JUST my friend)

I know these people in my dream, I know it's not alot of information - but I'm feeling if I do give away more information, this will need to be moved to 'personal problems' forum lol -I really am like :confused: - I'm still trying to analysis it but coming up blank! Can anyone make any sense out of this? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

There is no bigger picture.
    Dreams are just subconscious froth, devoid of meaning that can be mapped onto actual experience.
    The other night I dreamt I was racing Bertie Ahern around Mondello Park on giant cabbages with wheels. What does that mean? Nothing! It was just a dream. Same with yours.
    Stop overanalysing would be my advice. Between this and thinking your hair straightener was your dead grandmother communicating to you, you come across as quite anxious and highly strung.
    Not everything has a hidden meaning to be discerned through endless analysis. Sometimes, most times, a dream is just a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

i dreamt David Cameron was our buddy, and called down to smoke weed/hash after work everyday, i remember been real proud that such an important man would hang out smoking with us....i can never take anything he says serious after that dream....

few days ago dreamt i was out with my friends whom i aint seen in years, then i leave the party in a PSNI uniform trying to cross the border to work, but it wasnt the real border twas the river suir near bulmers factory in clonmel and people where roaring at me and leading me towards a shed that had a chainsaw noise coming from it, glad i woke up then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Hey. I posted here before about how we use dreams as a method of processing information and understanding how that process works can lead to greater insight into ourselves, so it's not really a bad thing. :) (in fact it can be a useful tool to have)
    Just remember that the people we see in dreams are usually representative of traits or characteristics that you yourself possess, so for instance the guy in your dream is reflecting an aspect of you. The discussion with the ex demonstrates the particular qualities that you have rejected (again as aspects of yourself) and on realising you were married to this person :D..the qualities you have chosen to incorporate. (consciously or not)
    hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

zxy wrote: »
    Hey. I posted here before about how we use dreams as a method of processing information and understanding how that process works can lead to greater insight into ourselves, so it's not really a bad thing. :) (in fact it can be a useful tool to have)
    Just remember that the people we see in dreams are usually representative of traits or characteristics that you yourself possess, so for instance the guy in your dream is reflecting an aspect of you. The discussion with the ex demonstrates the particular qualities that you have rejected (again as aspects of yourself) and on realising you were married to this person :D..the qualities you have chosen to incorporate. (consciously or not)
    hope that helps.

First up, thank you for replying :) and secondly thanks for insight, i never looked at it like that before. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

charlemont wrote: »
    few days ago dreamt i was out with my friends whom i aint seen in years, then i leave the party in a PSNI uniform trying to cross the border to work, but it wasnt the real border twas the river suir near bulmers factory in clonmel and people where roaring at me and leading me towards a shed that had a chainsaw noise coming from it, glad i woke up then....

Omg you poor thing, if i was analysising that ; i'd say it sounds like you want to communicate w/ your friends from years back, you miss their company - as for the psni uniform and trying to cross the boarder for work, perhaps you want to leave ireland for work, have your friends from years back left already??

The bulmers factory and people roaring at you leading you towards the scary chainsaw shed;

I went to http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ - it's can be useful
    Chainsaw
    To see a chainsaw in your dream, indicates that something drastic is about to happen. Success will only come about through willpower. Alternatively, it suggests that you get right to the heart of the matter quickly. The chainsaw may be seen as a phallic symbol and can refer to your sexual drives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

lisaface wrote: »
    Omg you poor thing, if i was analysising that ; i'd say it sounds like you want to communicate w/ your friends from years back, you miss their company - as for the psni uniform and trying to cross the boarder for work, perhaps you want to leave ireland for work, have your friends from years back left already??

The bulmers factory and people roaring at you leading you towards the scary chainsaw shed;

I went to http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ - it's can be useful

[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    thats cool, everything you said is similar to what iv been thinking, my closest friends are dead btw so yes i think about them and was thinking about leaving to go abroad as well, and yes iv a feeling something is going to happen soon..

Advertisement