Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I going crazy?

Options
  • 12-09-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

I've posted in the 'ghost experiences' thread before, so I'm hoping I won't receive the backlash skepticism on this thread! Okay so I didn't know where else to ask this , so I created a new thread, please don't have ago - my head is spinning!!

I was straightening my hair earlier today, I turned it off when I was done w/ it (obviously like) grand no bother , now my straighteners FLASH like a blue lil light and it's to say they're ready to use, they're hot.. sitting away on facebook listening to music - and I was getting up to go get a drink & I see the blue flashing light on them and I just thought 'but i turned them off wtf' and i went over to them , and it isn't flashing anymore.

I know it sounds really stupid, but they were UNPLUGGED and just sitting on a table, and they can't flash unless the button is on, and plugged in. I mean was I going crazy or could it have been a paranormal sign?

My conclusion is; my grandmother may have been throwing out a 'i'm around' sign - because we have her crazy sister staying w/ us til Monday. I've been avoiding her, she's a crazy nun, even my grandmother couldn't stand her (that's awful, but it's true!) so was this like my mind playing up or an actual sign? anyone have any insight to give? before anyone actually throws it out there, I wasn't looking for ANY signs at all. It didn't even enter my head, it wasn't until I came back w/ my water that I 'assumed' it may be a paranormal thing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

lisaface wrote: »
    and I was getting up to go get a drink & I see the blue flashing light on them and I just thought 'but i turned them off wtf' and i went over to them , and it isn't flashing anymore.................

My conclusion is; my grandmother may have been throwing out a 'i'm around' sign!

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow!

Perhaps , I didn't word it to your highest quality, but I think the point I'm trying to make is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Cool story, bro!

Perhaps , I didn't word it to your highest quality, but I think the point I'm trying to make is obvious.

It's nothing to do with the wording. You thought you saw a flashing light on your hair straightener and you attribute that to a message from your grandmother?

I'm sorry but..... really?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you should try a small test by plugging in the straighteners again, leave them on for a while until it heats up, then switch it off/unplug it and double check that the light doesnt keep flashing for a period after.

sometimes power still remains in an electrical device for s ahort period after - you can see this happening with laptop power leads, as the green light on the power stays lit for a time after the lead has been unplugged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It's nothing to do with the wording. You thought you saw a flashing light on your hair straightener and you attribute that to a message from your grandmother?

She said the light was off, if we are to 'believe the story, explain that?

KeithAFC wrote: »
    She said the light was off, if we are to 'believe the story, explain that?

There are many ways in which i could explain it. But my explaining that is not the point.

The point is, the jump from dodgy straightener to message from grandmother is a MASSIVE one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I was sitting at home one night watching tv and the batteries fell out of my remote, and it still had the power to change channel just once more.

It actually hit eurosport at random for an irish match, i thought it was my uncle sending me a message, because he likes football and watching tv, i thought he was telling me get out and become the next roy keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

There is an area for you, it's located right here >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077, I suggest you check it out, instead of being in the main area being rude ect. - If you wish to continue to be read and replying w/ unnecessary remarks, take it to my PM - I'd be more than happy to discuss it w/ you there, but until then, if you don't have anything positive or anything useful to say, please don't say it at all:).
    maccored wrote: »
    you should try a small test by plugging in the straighteners again, leave them on for a while until it heats up, then switch it off/unplug it and double check that the light doesnt keep flashing for a period after.

sometimes power still remains in an electrical device for s ahort period after - you can see this happening with laptop power leads, as the green light on the power stays lit for a time after the lead has been unplugged.

Thank you for your response, at least you've given me some information, I wasn't aware that electricity can still pump through after it's been unplugged, seeing as how you've mentioned the laptop bit, I've seen that before. Thanks again:).

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I was sitting at home one night watching tv and the batteries fell out of my remote, and it still had the power to change channel just once more.
    It actually hit eurosport at random for an irish match, i thought it was my uncle sending me a message, because he likes football and watching tv, i thought he was telling me get out and become the next roy keane.

I know how crazy it sounds, and maybe if I hadn't said 'a message from my grandmother' you skeptics, wouldn't be so bloody rude. It's things like these that change peoples perceptions on folk; I've seen you in AH, you're funny, informative to an extent, but then you come into paranormal and from what I can see w/ a mocking reply - because you don't wish to believe, does NOT give you the right to be an asshole to those who do, not everyone lives for AH. We do have other interests too, and like I've said to stuffins, if you have an issue, USE MY PM - please don't ruin the thread w/ pointless AH humour, you're not in AH anymore love, you're in paranormal and the humour is different, and yours I'm not taking kindly.

Again for you from the text you've written and the fact I've seen how 'friendly' you and stuffins are, I wouldn't be surprised if you were just here for a slaggin' match but check out; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077 - it's right up your alley of mocking!

And if you were being sincere, I apologise, I'm just sick of seeing After Hours users in here, being out right assholes, who will more than likely use the excuse of 'oh i was only having the craic'.

People if paranormal isn't your interest, at least LEARN to have SOME respect for those of us that do have it as an interest. Don't come onto a thread with your capt. obvious 'i don't believe' attitude & spread your useless comments around. It only shows two things about you; a- trying to keep on a 'title' that you've been given in another area of boards & b- a disrespectful so and so with little or NO intelligence. Be polite , it doesn't take much & it only last a few seconds. If you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything - yes it's an old saying, but it's a bloody good one. Learn when to keep those fingers at bay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Cool story, bro!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

There is an area for you, it's located right here >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077, I suggest you check it out, instead of being in the main area being rude ect. - If you wish to continue to be read and replying w/ unnecessary remarks, take it to my PM - I'd be more than happy to discuss it w/ you there, but until then, if you don't have anything positive or anything useful to say, please don't say it at all:).

Thank you for your response, at least you've given me some information, I wasn't aware that electricity can still pump through after it's been unplugged, seeing as how you've mentioned the laptop bit, I've seen that before. Thanks again:).

I know how crazy it sounds, and maybe if I hadn't said 'a message from my grandmother' you skeptics, wouldn't be so bloody rude. It's things like these that change peoples perceptions on folk; I've seen you in AH, you're funny, informative to an extent, but then you come into paranormal and from what I can see w/ a mocking reply - because you don't wish to believe, does NOT give you the right to be an asshole to those who do, not everyone lives for AH. We do have other interests too, and like I've said to stuffins, if you have an issue, USE MY PM - please don't ruin the thread w/ pointless AH humour, you're not in AH anymore love, you're in paranormal and the humour is different, and yours I'm not taking kindly.

Again for you from the text you've written and the fact I've seen how 'friendly' you and stuffins are, I wouldn't be surprised if you were just here for a slaggin' match but check out; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1077 - it's right up your alley of mocking!

And if you were being sincere, I apologise, I'm just sick of seeing After Hours users in here, being out right assholes, who will more than likely use the excuse of 'oh i was only having the craic'.

People if paranormal isn't your interest, at least LEARN to have SOME respect for those of us that do have it as an interest. Don't come onto a thread with your capt. obvious 'i don't believe' attitude & spread your useless comments around. It only shows two things about you; a- trying to keep on a 'title' that you've been given in another area of boards & b- a disrespectful so and so with little or NO intelligence. Be polite , it doesn't take much & it only last a few seconds. If you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything - yes it's an old saying, but it's a bloody good one. Learn when to keep those fingers at bay!
    I was being semi-serious, I'm not a skeptic at all tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Afaik, like has been said, those little led lights can stay on when stuff is plugged out. Try the straighteners again, see if the light is a safety thing they do all the time you never noticed maybe.

As for your gran, well maybe she is about keeping an eye on her sis and giggling at you all putting up with her. Regardless of whether the straightners were down to her or not, it made you think of her, which is nice anyway.

Ps, if you have a problem with other posters, please just report it rather than derailing your own thread with it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

no probs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

lots of things retain an amount of electricity when plugged out,

Advertisement