Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dangerous driving...hope the Guards can get the reg numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

Scum Bags!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm sorry... but what the f*ck is going on here?

They're taking up the whole road at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

bigpink wrote: »

And what exactl are they going to do if they do get the reg? Where exactly are they going to go to find the driver?

And even if they did-
    "jasus boy that's not me there doin that there sur jasus I was in cork that wasn't I paddy, jasus like this is discrimination this is. Jasus!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

The horses should be confiscated and they all should be fined heavily how many of those jeeps and vans do you think have full tax and insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BluesBerry wrote: »
    The horses should be confiscated and they all should be fined heavily how many of those jeeps and vans do you think have full tax and insurance

Hahaha!

I'm sorry but this is a tad silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

grabbing reg's as we speak :)

merc van with first two numbers missing...

su1 4350

the pajero - 10 - so - 408/800... can bee seen last 4 seconds...

the pathfinder/navara... - 07-ww - 2074

thats all i can make out lads... im doin me best.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hahaha!

I'm sorry but this is a tad silly!

Tad silly? when a traveller smacks into the back of your car with no insurance you can laugh then

I was hit by a bmw it rammed right into the back of me whiplash the lot i suffered the bmw had no insurance I had to deal with a very irate traveller trying to blame me

Those cars were driving very dangerously with no regard for other road users they were just interested in the horses swerving in and out of traffic
    What laws are in place to have a horse on a main road like that do they be insured? What would happen if you knocked down and killed that horse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Their hardly all stolen veichles,at least they can check that all regs have been reported stolen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dont care if its a traveller or doctor the driving is the issue here.Can anyone said this vid to the Guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

bigpink wrote: »
    Their hardly all stolen veichles,at least they can check that all regs have been reported stolen

At lease the guys off stealign watches aren't committing animal cruelty and putting other people's lives at risk. If one of those horses goes over, it's gonna get messy...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Their names of the men with the horses are up on the youtube page info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

The duck philly is some lass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's basically the pikey equivelent of the Tour De France. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Sure all they are looking for is equality and to be treated the same as average Joe settled PAYE worker. Well you know what if average Joe went around and did something like that they would be locked up or banned from driving for years and rightfully so. Sure the Guards won't do squat about this i know it and so do they.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Play this video simultaneously and it almost looks majestic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Pdfile wrote: »
    grabbing reg's as we speak :)

merc van with first two numbers missing...

su1 4350

the pajero - 10 - so - 408/800... can bee seen last 4 seconds...

the pathfinder/navara... - 07-ww - 2074

thats all i can make out lads... im doin me best.

All bought for cash no doubt:D

Ya like dags...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What is the limerick lady bit about?

godtabh wrote: »
    What is the limerick lady bit about?

Limerick Lady is the name of one of the horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

What a shower of disgusting pr*cks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so its the tinkers driving the SUVs behind??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

See this kind of thing awful lot around Kilkenny city. Usually a few younger ones hanging off the carriage as well.

These people really are sub-human. They sure as hell aren't the same species as the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NC27

Noway thats just up the road from me.
    Its on the N4 just south of Castlebaldwin, thats the main Dublin to Sligo road, and anyone that knows that strecth of road would know the guards are almost always there.
    How do these people get away with this sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

These people really are sub-human. They sure as hell aren't the same species as the rest of us.

Sub-human? Their culture is a little different from the rest of us, but sub-human is going a bit far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

They should also be done for cruelty to animals. Making them run on hard concrete is so bad for their joints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

NC27 wrote: »
    Noway thats just up the road from me.
    Its on the N4 just south of Castlebaldwin, thats the main Dublin to Sligo road, and anyone that knows that strecth of road would know the guards are almost always there.
    How do these people get away with this sh!t.
    Fucking right. I got done for doing 40 in a 30 zone there not so long ago.

Cops won't do anything about this.

Edit: 2,000th post! WOOT!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

unbelievable how many knobs congregate on 1 thread simultaneously

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed and in some cases the horses racing are worth more than what most people here would earn in a year - believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

john47832 wrote: »

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed and in some cases the horses racing are worth more than what most people here would earn in a year - believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

Is what they were doing legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

We's just racing boss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

indeed. +1

rugbyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I'm no law expert, however if im driving down the road and there is a horse/cart or sulkie then near me then i believe its me that has to give way - i do believe this form of transport was around before vehicles

Oh, it's tradition. Well that's alright then :rolleyes:

These 'people' are uneducated inbred savages who are somehow above the law and the rules of society. It's 2010, we live in houses now, not in caravans on the side of the road.

The police would do nothing with the information in this video. "Ah shure dere ony trav-lurrs. Dey do dis all the time".

i do believe this form of transport was around before vehicles

A 'vehicle' is a form of transport and vise versa.

I'm no law expert, however if im driving down the road and there is a horse/cart or sulkie then near me then i believe its me that has to give way - i do believe this form of transport was around before vehicles

Well obviously if it was just a horse and cart on the road you would give way.

However, what we are seeing on the video is obviously not just a horse and cart traversing down the road.

What can be seen on the video is a horse race taking place on a public road. I hardly think this is legal???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

What can be seen on the video is a horse race taking place on a public road. I hardly think this is legal???????

The fact that there is a convoy of Jeeps and Vans right across the road doesnt really help.

Silly you. It's tradition. If there's an accident and they kill a passer-by it doesn't count because, you know, tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Why is it being a knob to criticise illegal driving activity? The 'tradition' of harness racing may have been around for a long time, but that is why society continues to make and adapt laws to suit the world we live in today.

The only constant 'tradition' I see on display in that video is the 2 fingers the participants and their type give to the rest of society, while insisting that we fund their lifestyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Silly you. It's tradition. If there's an accident and they kill a passer-by it doesn't count because, you know, tradition.

Yeah sure they have loads of traditions.

- causing trouble in pubs, - turning wherever they stop into rubbish strewn wastelands, - ignoring common law & generally doing whatever the fcuk they want because they're untouchable.:pac:

Sub-human is a bit much but they do try my patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As those idiot Limerick boy-racers from a few weeks ago, managed to get nailed by the Guards for pissing around, and uploading the Youtube video, then these people should get the same treatment. Let's have some equality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm no law expert either, but I'm pretty sure driving in the middle of the road, driving on the wrong side of the road and driving in the hard shoulder are offences.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As those idiot Limerick boy-racers from a few weeks ago, managed to get nailed by the Guards for pissing around, and uploading the Youtube video, then these people should get the same treatment. Let's have some equality.

The law can do very little.

Travellers are getting smart. Because they are claiming they are a separate culture & should be recognised as a different race theres all sorts of discrimination accusations just waiting to be unleashed upon anyone who dares oppose them these days.

Nothing will come of this unfortunately. There not all bad. Im willing to give anyone a chance but this kind of behaviour strains societies tolerance to breaking point.

If they want people to treat them as equals they're going to have conform to something close to acceptable public behaviour.

Tradition or not, whats being recorded in the video is dangerous, inconsiderate, illegal & justifiably fuels people's dislike of travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

What if an ambulance was caught behind them or worse still a doctor making an emergency house call?

Idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The law can do very little.

Nothing will come of this all bad. Im willing to give anyone a chance but this kind of behaviour strains societies tolerance to breaking point.

Travellers are getting smart. Because they are claiming they are a separate culture & should be recognised as a different race theres all sorts of discrimination accusations just waiting to be unleashed upon anyone who dares oppose them these days.

If they want people to treat them as equals they're going to have conform to something close to acceptable public behaviour.

Tradition or not, whats being recorded in the video is dangerous, unfortunately. There not inconsiderate, illegal & justifiably fuels people's dislike of travellers.

I think it's more of "the law won't do anything", than "the law can do very little." :(

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'm no law expert either, but I'm pretty sure driving in the middle of the road, driving on the wrong side of the road and driving in the hard shoulder are offences.

And if that was you or me doing something like that the guards would be all over us like a rash

They think they are above the law and think they can do what they want

And as for tradition , racing them could easily be done in a field away from motorists just going about their daily business , they created tailbacks and forced people to swerve on the road

Horses might have been the traditional way of transportation but this is the 21st century and horses are in danger on roads now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

This is pretty much old news,it made the papers a few months ago.
    I think some of them were prosecuted (I might be wrong)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think it's more of "the law won't do anything", than "the law can do very little." :(

The latter is the reason "the law won't do anything".

All they have to do is claim their 'culture' & 'traditions' are being oppressed through discrimination & hey presto you have a sh!tstorm of human rights allegations being used as big stick to bash anyone who dares confront them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This is pretty much old news,it made the papers a few months ago.
    I think some of them were prosecuted (I might be wrong)
    This video was only put on YouTube last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Cock-fighting was probably a 'tradition' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no

Illegal:
    Driving in the hard shoulder
    Driving 2-3 abreast on the carriageway
    Driving on the wrong side of the road
    Racing on public roads
    Causing an unnecessary obstruction

• Advertisement
Advertisement