Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dangerous driving...hope the Guards can get the reg numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

omerin wrote: »
    What if an ambulance was caught behind them or worse still a doctor making an emergency house call?

Idiots

Real doctors use horses.

They were around before vehicles, don't ya know boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

no

Illegal:
    Driving in the hard shoulder
    Driving 2-3 abreast on the carriageway
    Driving on the wrong side of the road
    Racing on public roads
    Causing an unnecessary obstruction

Add to that that at least one of them isin't wearing a seatbelt and hanging out the window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

dee o gee wrote: »
    Add to that that at least one of them isin't wearing a seatbelt and hanging out the window.

That's tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 miyanda

Poor horses :(

Of course the Gardai will not do anything about this, why would they? sure it's all us 'settled' people just blocking the travelling community from trying to maintain their culture,, blah blah blah... :pac::pac:

I have yet to see a member of the travelling community driving anything less than a brand new van, jeep, or vw golf... tax/insurance? your'e having a laugh, do you really think they hand over money for that every month?

next we will be told they have bank accounts and pay mortgages/rent.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Bunch of animals.

and i'm not talking about the horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Its sad what they are doing with the horses.If the were looked after they would probable be great racing horses .Wasted talent :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I ****in hate pikeys.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Well, I'm going to be bringing this to the attention of a few Gardaí in the ES forum - maybe they'll pass it on to the relevant people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

is it true that when those horses are flat out in the race,there heart beats like 6 times a second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

i blame tv3 putting tokyo drift on the other night tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Pookah wrote: »
    Sub-human? Their culture is a little different from the rest of us, but sub-human is going a bit far.
    That's not culture, its barbarism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Pookah wrote: »
    Play this video simultaneously and it almost looks majestic.

Soooooo epic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

john47832 wrote: »
    unbelievable how many knobs congregate on 1 thread simultaneously

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed and in some cases the horses racing are worth more than what most people here would earn in a year - believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

I don't think it's us who are the knobs.

"Tradition" or not, it doesn't make this right. Horses, even when properly shod, should never be going at speed for extended lengths on hard roads. It's bad for their joints and they will develop splinters that will stay with them for the rest of their lives and probably make them ineligible for legal competition (not that that matters to them, however..). Knackers tend to break their horses too young anyway before their joints get a chance to fully develop and "settle," these horses are probably completely ruined.

It's cruelty to run them on roads, "traditionally" roads were dirt, not pavement; this sort of racing should have disappeared at the first hint of tarmac.

Use a track if you want to do this kind of thing, but a) you're ruining your "investment" (undoubtedly that's how they see the animals), b) you're endangering motorists and yourself (horses are animals, they can spook no matter how bombproof you think they are, they're unpredictable and no one wants a horse through the windshield) and c) it's just fecking stupid. On every possible level.

EDIT: The more I watch of this the more pissed off I'm getting. What the **** would they do if the horse tripped? Irish roads ain't fantastic, there's bound to be potholes and at that speed there's no way a horse would be able to catch itself, nevermind how the SUVs are so far up its ass that if it did pause, even for a millisecond, the driver and horse would both be crushed. And run over. Multiple times. And then there would be a massive pileup, and at least one or two people killed, nevermind the horses.

Idiots. Complete, utter idiots who have NO concern for themselves, their friends or family (or whoever's driving the car), their animals or safety in any respect at all whatsoever.

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

Wonder has the bein any update on this from the Gardai.

Whatever about "tradition of theses enthic people" which i don't

buy, fecking assholes endangering other road users and the horses

too. Won't be bother if John-paul or Pitch-Fork Connors ended up in

a ditch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Ah the poor horses. I am more concerned for those horses. This not right. Hopefully all of you lads will find/get them and give the poor horses to me! I mind them better than them.

I was in Dublin a year ago and saw similar thing in the city! the horse was flying around. I was actually sick in the stomach -so awful to see - nothing was done to it I suppose. Dublin Gardas was not interested when I rang them.

I would want to know if these horses seen here were not fast enough for the "race" what they would do to them?? kill them off more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

The Paws wrote: »

I would want to know if these horses seen here were not fast enough for the "race" what they would do to them?? kill them off more likely.

They take them to the knackers yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed

Well unfortunately, they do exist and the oncoming drivers would like to keep existing too I'm sure.
    believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

Ya the driver in the red jeep is particularly safe, as he hangs out the window while driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Ya the driver in the red jeep is particularly safe, as he hangs out the window while driving.
    He was only doing that to show the rest of them what not to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

There are a lot of underlying jibes in this thread towards the travelling community which are really unwarranted. To be fair you can't tarmac them all with the same brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed and in some cases the horses racing are worth more than what most people here would earn in a year- believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

The Value of the horses is totally irrelevant, you can not put a value on people's lives and this kind of behaviour is putting people's lives at risk.
    It is stupidity to say the least and i think i'll say no more on the subject because it will start my Tourettes off;)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    As those idiot Limerick boy-racers from a few weeks ago, managed to get nailed by the Guards for pissing around, and uploading the Youtube video, then these people should get the same treatment. Let's have some equality.

Hehe i like what you did there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Scum Bags!:eek:
    A bunch of idiots for sure!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

actually that is a tradition that has occurred long before vehicles existed and in some cases the horses racing are worth more than what most people here would earn in a year - believe it or not the travellers in the vans/cars are protecting both horses and motorists

I'm all for tradition, now get a race course or something and race there
    A main road is not the place to race and all those drivers a bloody idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm just surprised to see that travellers have youtube accounts and broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

tallus wrote: »

Ah they still have one foot steeped in their rich past
    and are bravely enbracing the future. :pac:

tallus wrote: »

Chances are, they're using an unsecured signal from someones home wireless router or McDonalds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I posted the following two videos in the emergency services forum, but I'll re-post them here too, so that the drivers involved get as much exposure as possible. Feel free to report videos to AGS, RSA, ISPCA, newspapers, RTE, TV3, etc. This reckless driving and animal cruelty must be stopped immediately!

Some very dangerous driving by a number of cars here (driving on wrong side of carriageway, driving over crosshatch markings, etc). Difficult to see reg numbers, but I think the silver Ford Mondeo is '09-WH-726'. It's somewhat visible towards the end of the video. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to match up on cartell.
    Also, silver VW Passat (06-D-86231) very clear in this video:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Hope something comes of this, because if any settled member
    of the community was caught acting the maggot on the roads
    they'd be done.

Otherwise their a law onto themselves, wonder have Pavee Point
    being told about what their brethen have being doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's disgusting and people should not get away with it. Travellers are always going on about how they are discriminated against, and yet some of them still behave like this. I'm sure (at least I hope) this represents the minority and not the majority, but they are doing no favours for their reputation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dirty wild animals! (The pikeys I mean) :mad:

Apart from the obvious dangers to other road users those poor horses are having the absolute bollix ridden out of them with the cnuts in their Transits only inches behind them scaring the living daylights out of them.

They should be shot to death the lot of them - the pikeys not the poor horses! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Dirty wild animals! (The pikeys I mean) :mad:

Apart from the obvious dangers to other road users those poor horses are having the absolute bollix ridden out of them with the cnuts in their Transits only inches behind them scaring the living daylights out of them.

They should be shot to death the lot of them - the pikeys not the poor horses! :mad:

yeah Ethnic cleansing is great:rolleyes:hitler had the right idea:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

The reg of the red truck with all the guys hanging out of it looks like 10-SO-808.

http://i56.tinypic.com/rid6ix.jpg

4lfz4h.jpg

duckysauce wrote: »
    yeah Ethnic cleansing is great:rolleyes:hitler had the right idea:rolleyes:

I never said ALL pikeys should be shot but if I ever got hold of these lads I would gas them all! :mad:

I never said ALL pikeys should be shot but if I ever got hold of these lads I would gas them all! :mad:

would you put a horses life over a pikey ?

would you put a horses life over a pikey ?

Yes, yes I would - well with these guys anyhow.

Yes, yes I would - well with these guys anyhow.

even if it was a baby pikey driving ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

lizt wrote: »
    It's disgusting and people should not get away with it. Travellers are always going on about how they are discriminated against, and yet some of them still behave like this. I'm sure (at least I hope) this represents the minority and not the majority, but they are doing no favours for their reputation!

They are not the minority. This is their 'culture'.

The 'discrimination' thing is their catch-all excuse for being the scum that they are. Our PC guilt as a society is what allows them to continue their primitive out dated way of life.

If they all vanished tomorrow morning it would do the country a huge favour. They contribute nothing to society.

They are not the minority. This is their 'culture'.

The 'discrimination' thing is their catch-all excuse for being the scum that they are. Our PC guilt as a society is what allows them to continue their primitive out dated way of life.

If they all vanished tomorrow morning it would do the country a huge favour. They contribute nothing to society.

what about our driveways? and carpets ?

even if it was a baby pikey driving ?

Don't be bloody stupid - a baby can't drive a Transit or a Horse & Cart!

Don't be bloody stupid - a baby can't drive a Transit or a Horse & Cart!

a pikey baby can boss

• Advertisement

a pikey baby can boss

Do us all a favour and stop trolling the thread

Do us all a favour and stop trolling the thread

you wanted to murder them all ;) bye

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Looks like the gardai were made aware of the youtube video.

Gardai hunt Travellers after horse race on major road

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »

I love how these get posted all over boards then they're in the papers!
    Doing our civic duty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

fair play boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Ah, a good ole traveller hunt. Ill get my pitchfork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bastards for so many reasons.

Running horses on concrete for one.

If that horse went lame or so much as got cramp, those jeeps would have killed whichever lad was sitting behind the horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Funnily enough the N4 does not go through Ballinacarrow, some nice sloppy reporting there.

They must not have maps in the big schmoke. It was Castlebaldwin on the Dublin rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

think another race is about to start near where i live in the curragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

131b5b50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Half of those pikeys are from Sligo where they seem to have a free run on the town with regards every crime from drving without VRT paid,parking in Disabled spaces,shoplifting and generally breaking the law at every opportunity.....the people of Sligo even provided a public car park in the center of the town for them to carry out their weekly bonfires. They also managed to open a new garage in Sligo recently to keep up a supply of new jeeps and vans....no recession around here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement