Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date night

Options
  • 12-09-2010 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey everyone,

I have a date coming up soon.(no day planned but she has agreed to meet up).I'm in Dublin and would like to do something different-activity based-maybe. I'd prefer not to just sit in the pub and get smashed with her for the night. (because I wanna put in a good performance if things go well if you know what I mean!!)

Plus I actually fancy this girl alot.she's very hot. A meal is always a safe bet,but I'd prefer her not to see me scoff down a load of food either.

Suggestions are more than welcome as I want to see her the end of next week.

(I'll obviously keep everyone posted on how it goes)

Also,let me through this into the mix.I'm bi-as well!
    That's a tricky one to drop into conversation too. I prefer girls but I'm the kind of guy that won't say no..

Advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll move this to your local forum for local suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Do something sporty. Take her horse-riding or roller-skating. I know I'd be much more impressed by a guy who arranged something out of the ordinary rather than the usual dinner/cinema stuff. Just make sure she doesn't have a fear of horses or some kind of ear problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xbbjllq

Thanks for the ideas.
    I was thinking an activity based date is always better and make a great impact.(if she likes it)...

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

xbbjllq wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I have a date coming up soon.(no day planned but she has agreed to meet up).I'm in Dublin and would like to do something different-activity based-maybe. I'd prefer not to just sit in the pub and get smashed with her for the night. (because I wanna put in a good performance if things go well if you know what I mean!!)

Plus I actually fancy this girl alot.she's very hot. A meal is always a safe bet,but I'd prefer her not to see me scoff down a load of food either.

Suggestions are more than welcome as I want to see her the end of next week.

(I'll obviously keep everyone posted on how it goes)

Also,let me through this into the mix.I'm bi-as well!
    That's a tricky one to drop into conversation too. I prefer girls but I'm the kind of guy that won't say no..

Advice?

Thanks

Is this a first date or have you met before??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 xbbjllq

Yeah, we met already'

In the club. So as you can imagine.not a lot of talking was done,and 'first base' is already loaded!

We've been in contact with each other for a couple days now.she's a lively person,so I'd like to do something different for her.

I took an x-girlfriend salsa dancing which proved a hit.

What do can you suggest?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

xbbjllq wrote: »
    Yeah, we met already'

In the club. So as you can imagine.not a lot of talking was done,and 'first base' is already loaded!

We've been in contact with each other for a couple days now.she's a lively person,so I'd like to do something different for her.

I took an x-girlfriend salsa dancing which proved a hit.

What do can you suggest?

Thanks

What kind of money would you be looking to spend. Off Road Racing is great craic and gives you something to talk about but unfortunately it can be in the region of €80pp which is waaay too much for a first date. But if things go well for you, might be something for the two of you to have a go at in the future.

How about bowling or Qzar (or both), relatively cheap I suppose, good craic, something to talk about etc...

The theatre can be good too but doesn't give you much chance to chat. Although, you could go for a meal before (good value on pre-theatre menus these days) and then a drink or two after to chat. Although expense starts to rack up again here.

You could have a look at the National Museum beside Government buildings, I think it is still free and can be interesting (if of course, you are into that kind of thing). http://www.museum.ie/en/list/directions.aspx

For something a bit different there's the Dublin Bus Ghost Bus Tour (been on this a few times myself - on dates, with friends, with a gf and all times me and the people I've been with thoroughly enjoyed it). http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/ghostbus.aspx

There's also the new Fright Night Bus, I haven't been on this yet but I hear good things and it's quite different. http://www.irishcitytours.com/frightnight.html

Dublin Zoo is another possibility - although I went on a date there recently and it was a bit of disaster, with the weather and most of the animals sleeping.

Advertisement