Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham City Vs Liverpool. 12/09/10

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Half time. Disgraceful display from the reds so far. What the hell is Hodgson thinking playing Lucas/Poulson. Pathetic being bossed by Birmingham all over the pitch. Where the hell has Maxi been?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Lord that was bad. Reina keeping us in the game.

What's the chances Liverpool improve in the second half? Surely can't be much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well now we are at half time in what is Liverpool's eight competitive game of the season and each one has been full of clueless football with two lines defending overly deep.

Awful stuff yet again today so far and if anyone else bar Pepe were in goals, Birmingham would be two or three up at half time.

Gonna be a long and very frustrating season methinks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Babel and Meireles on please for Maxi or Jovanovic and Lucas or Poulson.

Dire stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Quite frankly, when Maxi Rodriguez leaves Liverpool, i'll soon forget he ever played for the club.

He signed. He posed for the cameras. He scored against Burnley..................???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this is embarrassing.

that's not a slight on Brum in any way, that's merely a comment on how absolutely god-awful we were.

bring a strong character into midfield now. i hope Mereiles is that man, and order him to demand the ball off the back 4 and give us a bit of control of the game. Poulsen and Lucas are like kittens in there.

or if Mereiles isn't ready, bring Gerrard back, take Lucas/Poulsen off, and bring Pacheco on to support Torres.

i can't watch another 45 mins of that drivel.

Brum are just unfortunate to have met the best keeper in the league playing at his best today. they could easily, and deservedly be a couple up already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maxi off, Lucas off, Skrtel off

Pacheco on, Agger on, NGog or Babel on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Birmingham well on top, but you have to say that Liverpool probably should have had a penalty, so all-square is more or less fair.

At least 5 or 6 Liverpool players having very, very poor games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Roy would want to book his ideas up here, tragic display so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well now we are at half time in what is Liverpool's eight competitive game of the season and each one has been full of clueless football with two lines defending overly deep.

Awful stuff yet again today so far and if anyone else bar Pepe were in goals, Birmingham would be two or three up at half time.

Gonna be a long and very frustrating season methinks.

Yup. Pure rubbish from the players and coaching staff thus far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol, being level here is pretty unlucky for Birmingham. We suck.

We have played as ugly and as badly as this under Rafa against similar opposition, put the pitchfork down Lloyd. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Well that was pretty terrible. Brum are like a wall, especially when you have no one in the midfield to create anything like we do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Lucas/poulsen need to be dropped. Bring on meireles or drop gerrard deeper. Pacheco for that donkey Rodriguez..... Anything is better than the **** that just happened there. Worst Liverpool side I've ever seen play.

I'm sick of that midfield partnership. It's sh!te.

Poulsen has done f*ck all, Lucas is trying but is getting battered , Jova has been poor and Maxi should be in Hollow Man instead of Kevin Bacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

mike65 wrote: »
    Maxi off, Lucas off, Skrtel off

Pacheco on, Agger on, NGog or Babel on.

I don't know what Skrtel is doing wrong, been our best defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lads what did Reina do midweek? Just curious since Sky just keep saying he had a gaff.

Babel or Pacheco please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Our midfield is, like, terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ah jeez lads, look on the bright side, we're not that bad, blah blah :rolleyes:

SlickRic wrote: »
    this is embarrassing.

that's not a slight on Brum in any way, that's merely a comment on how absolutely god-awful we were.

bring a strong character into midfield now. i hope Mereiles is that man, and order him to demand the ball off the back 4 and give us a bit of control of the game. Poulsen and Lucas are like kittens in there.

or if Mereiles isn't ready, bring Gerrard back, take Lucas/Poulsen off, and bring Pacheco on to support Torres.

i can't watch another 45 mins of that drivel.

Brum are just unfortunate to have met the best keeper in the league playing at his best today. they could easily, and deservedly be a couple up already.

You are going to be disappointed if you think that Meireles has every been that kind of player. He was never that kind of player during his time with Porto as he had two midfielders to do the running/tackling/leading for him, especially the excellent Luis Gonzalez who is at Lyon now.

• Advertisement

ah jeez lads, look on the bright side, we're not that bad, blah blah :rolleyes:

Have you ever posted anything but utter nonsense?

Absolutely awful performance, particularly from Gerrard and Torres. The two worst players on the pitch. Fact.

tok9 wrote: »
    Lads what did Reina do midweek? Just curious since Sky just keep saying he had a gaff.

Babel or Pacheco please

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    We have played as ugly and as badly as this under Rafa against similar opposition, put the pitchfork down Lloyd. ;)

True we have done so. But Rafa and the team got plenty of criticism, rightfully so imho, for those awful performances when they happened, so the same applies now regardless of who the manager is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Lucas is a truly awful midfielder. All at sea again today.

Jovanovic is looking livelier than in recent games but still not doing much. Gerrard hasn't turned up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Babel or Pacheco please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prizerT2bk8

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Babel or Pacheco please

His left foot went from under him when he went to kick the ball with his right, and the slip allowed Tevez to score. Embarrassing, but hardly a huge mistake. Slips happen unfortunately. The Arsenal one was much worse imo.

• Advertisement

Absolutely awful performance, particularly from Gerrard and Torres. The two worst players on the pitch. Fact.

Oh I don't know, there are at least five others giving them a run for their money in the race to be the worst player on the pitch so far today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ardent wrote: »

Jovanovic is looking livelier than in recent games but still not doing much. Gerrard hasn't turned up yet.

What's it been, 16+ months since we've seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

4 midfielders a disgrace , gerrard very poor and torres doesn't want to be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

True we have done so. But Rafa and the team got plenty of criticism, rightfully so imho, for those awful performances when they happened, so the same applies now regardless of who the manager is.

Aye that's true Kess, and I am in no way absolving the team of criticism today. But I am consistent, I criticised similar performances under Rafa. I think there are a few posters a round here who failed to criticise similar performances under Rafa, yet now under Roy they are the first in line to stick the boot it.

You are going to be disappointed if you think that Meireles has every been that kind of player. He was never that kind of player during his time with Porto as he had two midfielders to do the running/tackling/leading for him, especially the excellent Luis Gonzalez who is at Lyon now.

What is it with you and Meireles? Give it a rest for a while.

• Advertisement

Gerrard has been marked out of it, if LFC can open the scoring then its all change - the space will open up but until and unless that happens its going to be grim.

What's past is past sir. The present is lol bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Babel really deserves a run in this team.

What a terrible half of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

In fairness to Roy rafa left him with a **** squad. Rafa inherited a better side off houllier than Roy has off rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Have you ever posted anything but utter nonsense?

I wouldn't blame either of them, they've got absolutely nothing to work with. Meireles and Babel on and pray that changes things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The present certainly is depressing!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

That bridge between striker and midfield is still down,! relying on individual brilliance from torres or gerrard, rather than a decent service,
    their working as self service strikers, no wonder they look pissed off out there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is anybody surprised? Lucas and Poulsen in CM, neither of whom can control the pace of the game or turn defence into attack with a decent pass. The centre halves hoof it over midfield as a result. And we've no out-and-out wingers to get us in behind.

I'd like to think Babel and Miereles could make the difference but the truth is neither of them could be counted on to do it (for different reasons - Babel is hit & miss, Mierles unproven). We simply don't have the players.

Ardent wrote: »

Gerrard has'nt turned up since the end of the 2008-2009 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Poor aul Hodgson hasnt a clue.

• Advertisement

Aye that's true Kess, and I am in no way absolving the team of criticism today. But I am consistent, I criticised similar performances under Rafa. I think there are a few posters a round here who failed to criticise similar performances under Rafa, yet now under Roy they are the first in line to stick the boot it.

So? Doesn't make me wrong now. Made me wrong then, but then is then.

Let's just say a £8m managerial downgrade has left me in a less than charitable mood for things this year.

Gerrard need to pretend he is playing for England. ;)

Mister men wrote: »
    Gerrard has'nt turned up since the end of the 2008-2009 season.

BAM!

What is it with you and Meireles? Give it a rest for a while.

Think you are mixing up posters Stump. Have only brought him up once in this thread in reply to Slick, and have never slagged him off in the superthread.

The worst I have ever said about him, sometime last month, is that for him to be at his best, he needs a certain type of player alongside him as has been shown throughout his career to date.

Now that was hardly damning of the guy and his abilities as with the right players around him I think he could be very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

After that first half can't see anything but a Pool win, Brum have spurned everything!

Do you want a laugh though lads? Some cheering up? Well...WE GET TO PLAY UTD NEXT WEEK!!

lol :(

mike65 wrote: »
    Gerrard need to pretend he is playing for England. ;)
    In fairness he does'nt have Lucas/Poulson playing in the England midfield with him. Lucky England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Poor aul Hodgson hasnt a clue.
    How is it his fault? The vast majority of players out there are not his, he can only play the cards he's been dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

After that first half can't see anything but a Pool win, Brum have spurned everything!

I can't imagine what you have seen in pool so far that makes you think we'll score... :(

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Do you want a laugh though lads? Some cheering up? Well...WE GET TO PLAY UTD NEXT WEEK!!

lol :(
    Total one off though is'nt it. Would'nt be surprised if we came away from there with something. Actually we are going to get hammered are'nt we.:(

Advertisement