Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham City Vs Liverpool. 12/09/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Aye that's true Kess, and I am in no way absolving the team of criticism today. But I am consistent, I criticised similar performances under Rafa. I think there are a few posters a round here who failed to criticise similar performances under Rafa, yet now under Roy they are the first in line to stick the boot it.

i'm not sure there was one poster who defended any of our performances like this last season - they may have defended rafa but not performances of this level...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mister men wrote: »
    In fairness he does'nt have Lucas/Poulson playing in the England midfield with him. Lucky England.

Lucas and Poulsen don't fill me with joy as a pairing, but it really isn't their fault when Gerrard mis hits passes and shots, takes poor corners, makes generally wtf decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Gerrard is bleeding from his ears?? :eek: Is he gonna die??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I can't imagine what you have seen in pool so far that makes you think we'll score... :(
    Havent seen anythin in Pool! But have seen Brum give as much as i think they can and still not score! All it takes is one chance for Pool and can see them burying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Brum are struggling to keep up the pressure now the game is gone an hour, good time to bring meireles on as he'll get more time on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jovanovic showing some intent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Havent seen anythin in Pool! But have seen Brum give as much as i think they can! All it takes is one chance for Pool and can see them burying it!

That'd be a likely draw so... although i think brum will win it. We still look a bit dodge on crosses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Someone would want to tell gerrard there's blood coming out o his ear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

4-0 not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

can someone please remind me how much we payed for glen johnson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Nothing is going to change until the ownership issue gets sorted out but it's no excuse for this type of performance. Fact is as bad as some of our players are we have a better team/squad than Birmingham and we should be at the very least be able to string five passes together and not let ourselves be embarrassed by them. I just think at this stage the players have given in.

should have scored. Was there a foul on Poulsen tho..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

i'm not sure there was one poster who defended any of our performances like this last season - they may have defended rafa but not performances of this level...

It's one and the same to be honest, to defend Rafa was to defend performances.

lol, we are running so good today it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

can someone please remind me how much we payed for glen johnson

Too much!!!!!!!!!

He's decent going forward but rubbish at defending

Game should be Dann and dusted.......

That was a brilliant cross from Gerrard. Pity nobody was on the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

playing slightly better this half :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    should have scored. Was there a foul on Poulsen tho..?

There was a foul on Roger Johnson by Glen Johnson anyway

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's one and the same to be honest, to defend Rafa was to defend performances.

i 100% disagree tbh...

• Advertisement

Game should be Dann and dusted.......

Get out!! Go on, get out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Yawnfest tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

joe123 wrote: »
    In fairness to Roy rafa left him with a **** squad. Rafa inherited a better side off houllier than Roy has off rafa.

WTF?

Too much!!!!!!!!!

He's decent going forward but rubbish at defending

who would you rather playing there??? He's better than 99% of other rightbacks in the league. Fullbacks in modern football are asked to attack more than defend. He doesn't fit our current system but hopefully at some stage he will since that will mean that we're becoming a good side again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Can some one tell Gerrard if he fancies doing one of his 'take the game by the scruff of the neck and bury the ball in the back of the net' that now might be a good time. That would suit me just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Greedy Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thats more like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Meirales and Babel on for Lucas and Maxi please!

Can some one tell Gerrard if he fancies doing one of his 'take the game by the scruff of the neck and bury the ball in the back of the net' that now might be a good time. That would suit me just fine

when's the last time he did that? :confused:

• Advertisement

Oooooh that would have been Torrific......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Your puns are ear-itating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

if anyones gonna grab the game by the scruff of the neck it'll be the left back.

i 100% disagree tbh...

He thinks his point is really smart, it isn't. There is none of us who are 100% all knowing and can point to perfect posting records. Even if you accepted his point in full, we would be no worse than the dudes that stuck the boot in last year and promised us that a managerial change ('time for a change / freshen things up / etc') would improve things in of itself.

Instead, what's happened is what logically should have been expected to happen. We've brought in a worse manager, slightly downgraded the squad and performances are worse than ever. WHAT A SURPRISE!! :rolleyes:

Jeff Stelling is gonna sue the bejaysus out of you.

Head bandage? Check. Red shirt? Check. Heroic performance? Not quite Terry Butcher, no.

• Advertisement

Carragher not looking convincing at all.

Pools defence is shocking....If they stay letting him Jerome around the box on his own, eventually Cameron will get a decent chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Carragher not looking convincing at all.

he's been solid enough so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Any chance of a fcuking sub Roy.

Unlucky Jerome. Liverpool are a shambles at crosses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He thinks his point is really smart, it isn't. There is none of us who are 100% all knowing and can point to perfect posting records. Even if you accepted his point in full, we would be no worse than the dudes that stuck the boot in last year and promised us that a managerial change ('time for a change / freshen things up / etc') would improve things in of itself.

Instead, what's happened is what logically should have been expected to happen. We've brought in a worse manager, slightly downgraded the squad and performances are worse than ever. WHAT A SURPRISE!! :rolleyes:

Remind me of how many 'beautiful' victories the genius of benitez got over his time at st. andrews!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

How is it his fault? The vast majority of players out there are not his, he can only play the cards he's been dealt with.

Poulsen? Jovanovic wide while Babel is sitting on the bench is bit silly in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

seriously what must be going through Torres head tight now?

He could be in spain getting beaten in the sunshine.

Stephen Carr is still quality. Up and down like he was ten years younger.

Maybe Birmingham don't want to score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How many chances do Birmingham need?

Maxi off, Babel on. Just give us something, Does Roy vote Tory or something. Come on. CHANGE IT. PLEASE!!

daithijjj wrote: »
    Remind me of how many 'beautiful' victories the genius of benitez got over his time at st. andrews!!!

We looked like winning in this fixture last year, remember? Laid siege for the last half hour. We do not look like (nor near deserve) winning today.

Poulsen? Jovanovic wide while Babel is sitting on the bench is bit silly in fairness...
    Poulsen is his player, Jovanovic was all but signed before Roy came to the club. As for Babel, well it's not like he's shown a whole pile in his previous few seasons, has he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Lucas off please. He's really waiting to use those subs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement