Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo reach LEGENDARY edition - beware it seems cheap

Options
  • 12-09-2010 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

hi seen this today in gamestop tallaght and tbh its really not worth the price they are asking. its an island cheap plastic with halo characters all around it and again they are all cheap plastic.

dont want to upset anyone over this but i cancelled my legendary since seeing this and have opted for the collectors edition instead which is 65 rather than 130 for legendary.

just giving everyone an option to walk from this while you can, i was so disappointed with it tbh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

yeah im thinking i might try and do the same, have heard this from a few people now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Limited Edition is 59.99 in Xtra-Vision.
    Legendary is 109.99 if people are still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Looks to me to be a great figurine/statue considering the price-to-size ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Liber8or wrote: »
    Limited Edition is 59.99 in Xtra-Vision.
    Legendary is 109.99 if people are still interested.
    HMV ARE DOING LIMITED EDITION FOR 59.99 WITH A FIVER STORE CREDIT THROWN IN:)

Looks to me to be a great figurine/statue considering the price-to-size ratio.
    guys in gamestop tallaght told me defo dont bother as guns etc are flimsty and falling off etc..

doesnt seem to be good quality tbh

• Advertisement

hmmm have also heard reports that the statue is pretty good too though..

a bit of a 'review' of it here
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/09/the-halo-reach-legendary-edition-is-here-in-photos.ars

guys in gamestop tallaght told me defo dont bother as guns etc are flimsty and falling off etc..

doesnt seem to be good quality tbh
    I'll judge tonight myself I guess :)

im so confused what to do now.. will i get it i still can if i really want to?? help please is this worth 130 euro or not? also was i wrong in saying this looked and felt cheap?

edit - picked it up today its fairly good but not my thing

just go for it! ive had a few friends pick theirs up already this morning and have said its top notch, so im gonna go ahead and get it

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

I have to get it....made a deal with my teenager.
    However they will keep the statue on display so possible flimsiness is less of an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The figurines are mcfarlane figurines I thought, they are always good quality, their halo series is great...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Got my legendary edition and the statue is delish, the detail is AMAZING. Some of the weapons are a bit iffy to get onto the statue but once they're on you won't be taking them off, well worth the cash IMO and the AMOUNT of stuff you get in the collector's edition eclipses every other collectors edition I've ever bought. Overall, great value for money.

Yeah, I love it. They rock backdrop is arguably weak, but love the Statue as a whole.

yeah I must say im very happy with it after all this fuss! I agree the rock base is pretty cheap looking but as a whole I think it looks great

...and the game isnt half bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Heres a shot of the statue on the box

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/4992657956/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have it, I think the model is excellent. It's lighter than I expected - production and shipping costs most likely dictating how much and what kind of plastic to use. I had difficulty in putting Jorge's machine gun into his hand, but the other weapons went on without problem. Ultimately, it's gonna be gathering dust, but it does look pretty cool :)

The Diary and all the other stuff that came with the Limited Edition too are amazing, that's definitely worth the few extra sheckles if anyone's unsure.

Advertisement