Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R/C Helicopter question!!

Options
  • 12-09-2010 10:05am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi,A sister of mine bought a radio controlled helicopter in china(Hence no english Instructions) but the frequency seems to be wrong on the remote control! The helicopter is 40.68 MHz and the remote has a sticker saying 27 MHz. It also says the remote is 3 channel so i assume the frequency can be changed?? Does anyone know how to do this??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Radio transmitters can have the frequency changed by swopping the removable crystal for another.
    But this only changes the frequency to the right of the decimal point.
    So a 40.25 can be changed to a 40.60, and so on. It still will be a 40FM band transmitter.

Likewise the 27 can be changed but only within the 27 band.

Going from your description, it seems that you need to get a 40FM transmitter to talk to your heli, which is strange if they were packaged together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

pajero12 wrote: »
    Hi,A sister of mine bought a radio controlled helicopter in china(Hence no english Instructions) but the frequency seems to be wrong on the remote control! The helicopter is 40.68 MHz and the remote has a sticker saying 27 MHz. It also says the remote is 3 channel so i assume the frequency can be changed?? Does anyone know how to do this??

Yea if the stickers are right and helicopter is on 40mhz and radio transmitter is 27mhz then they wont work together. 27 and 40mhz are for ground or wated based models i think anyway. 35mhz for the aircraft. 2.4ghz can be used for all.

Advertisement