Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 5 Home Study

• 12-09-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Is it possable to do a FETAC Level 5 health care home study course? If so what colleges run this course ?(I have Googled it but can not see a clear guide for such a course)Where is the exam taken after? How long do it take? do I need to go for training in another location?
    Would a cert from the old Regional Health Board be equal to the FETAC 5 ?
    All information welcome Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

woolyhat wrote: »
    Is it possable to do a FETAC Level 5 health care home study course? If so what colleges run this course ?(I have Googled it but can not see a clear guide for such a course)Where is the exam taken after? How long do it take? do I need to go for training in another location?
    Would a cert from the old Regional Health Board be equal to the FETAC 5 ?
    All information welcome Thanks

Hey,

The Open College does distance learning courses at Fetac level 5. You study yourself and e-mail them in the assignments. Yo uthen do you end exam online. They only offer the Fetac Courses module by module therefore you only get tcomponant certificates. You can however pool togeather componant certificates to make a FULL Fetac award once you have the specific modules for that award completed,

Tommy-Kerry. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

I'm surprised it would work like that as.. I thought Fetac courses work on a continuous assessment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How do you do work experience like that? Its a compulsory module.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Hi thanks for replies. I am still getting unfollow notice here but there is nothing in the articles boards recommended about what I have asked here.
    Your answers are much appreciated.
    Some time ago a lady I knew studied for this course at home I think she went to Dublin for 2 days then done a exam in Dublin. Passed with destinction. She sent in the homework. I do not know where she done this(Which college)and am unable to contact her to ask.

Advertisement