Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Jersey

• 12-09-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Are the FAI going to release a new replica jersey soon? All i can find is the eircom jersey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

My mate works in Lifestyle and said that the away jersey is down as coming out next month.

He said the home jersey still isn't down for any date so far as 3 and FAI are still in talks about it or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Ya think they would have something sorted before they signed the deal .FOOLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Gay how we're the only country in europe where ye cant get a replica jersey without advertising on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Ya think they would have something sorted before they signed the deal .FOOLS

I'd say given the speed it all happened, they had no opportunity to work anything out.

Plus I imagine there are a lot of jerseys already manufactured that Umbro want to get rid of before making any new ones. Similar to how they sold off jerseys cheaper when they changed the crest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Gay how we're the only country in europe where ye cant get a replica jersey without advertising on it
    I posted this in the online jersey thread the other day
    yabadabado wrote: »
    I emailed soccertriads yesterday about the irish jerseys without the sponsorship logo.they emailed me back and have said they hope to be able to stock them in 2-3 weeks but they would need orders of 500 to make it viable.here's the email I recieved:
    Hi yaba,

I have just spoken to Sean, the owner. He is looking for a factory that can
    make the shirt, he said that he needs pre-orders of 500 to make it viable
    and they can be without the sponsor.

Do ye think there would be a big enough demand?
    also there is a contact us section on their website,maybe if people here lodged their interest with them it would help.
    http://soccertriads.com/contact.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'm seriously considering gettin the home kit with eircom on it since its now half price....terrible to have a logo on it but I'd much rather walk around advertising eircom over three since I actually have a workable internet connection now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

I think the should do away with the sponsor on the jersey. How can it be a replica if the team jersey doesnt have the logo on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    I think the should do away with the sponsor on the jersey. How can it be a replica if the team jersey doesnt have the logo on it.

What can I tell ya.....Money talks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You can get it green long sleeve carroll's FAI shop in D'olier st. €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Ireland Jerseys have been rotten since 2003. I dont know how anybody could buy them. The current one is the worst of the lot. I bought the 1992/1993 version online in June, and I have been delighted with it ever since !

• Advertisement

if soccertriads start selling them ,they will cost about €25 and the quality of any of the ones I have bought have been perfect.some people have had problems with the new united jersey but thats the only ones I have heard of so far.

if soccertriads start selling them ,they will cost about €25 and the quality of any of the ones I have bought have been perfect.some people have had problems with the new united jersey but thats the only ones I have heard of so far.

I'd say it would hard to find someone who makes though, the material in the Ireland is different from most jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

and also the only ones that cant get over it but instead makes the same comments and start the same threads about it constantly.

I'd say it would hard to find someone who makes though, the material in the Ireland is different from most jerseys.

your right the material is different ,i dont think i have seen any other jerseys with it.I wonder what the material is like in the new away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Het-Field wrote: »
    The current one is the worst of the lot.
    Really? I think its one of the nicer ones in a long time (putting aside the sponser thing for the moment) - looks to be a nicer shade of green than the ones of recent campaigns.

your right the material is different ,i dont think i have seen any other jerseys with it.I wonder what the material is like in the new away.

Man city has the same material. I think gonna the usual polyester fabric, it's identical to NI's kit.
    Vokes wrote: »
    Really? I think its one of the nicer ones in a long time (putting aside the sponser thing for the moment) - looks to be a nicer shade of green than the ones of recent campaigns.

Yeah, dark green is so much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

How does that make it "gay"? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

The FAI where so hard up for Cash in 1986 (sounds familiar) that when Opel offered to Sponsor them they arranged a deal to have Opel on the Replica Jersey. The FAI being so hard up had to accept the deal and ever since then the same deal has been struck with the newest/latest sponsors.

If the FAI where to forego no having the sponsor on the Replica Jersey they would lose out on a hefty amount in sponsorship!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has there been a date confirmed for both jerseys release and will they be used for 2 years?

Soccer triads sent me an email another email about the sponsorless Ireland jerseys.
    Hi Yaba,

Thank you for that. I think that Sean's plan is to find the factory and
    place the order, he feels that there is sufficient interest. Apparently a
    lot of factories do not want to make Umbro products! He is trying to get
    the factory he used previously to do them. As soon as he reaches agreement
    he will list the shirt on the website. Thanks for your interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

GampDub wrote: »
    The FAI where so hard up for Cash in 1986 (sounds familiar) that when Opel offered to Sponsor them they arranged a deal to have Opel on the Replica Jersey. The FAI being so hard up had to accept the deal and ever since then the same deal has been struck with the newest/latest sponsors.

If the FAI where to forego no having the sponsor on the Replica Jersey they would lose out on a hefty amount in sponsorship!!!

so once again the fans get shafted at the hands of the FAI. I've never bought an Ireland jersey despite going to games since the mid nineties

Advertisement