Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold barrel and warm barrel

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

thanks for the advice lads, i was so used to blasting off as many rounds as i liked with the rimfire i never thought about the barrel heating up on a centerfire.
    i'll be sure to slow down when practicing in future.
    i also went out today with the wind meter and watched the effect the wind was having on the trees. then i checked the wind speed beside the trees and made a mental note of the average wind speed.
    i thought it would be a good way to learn to be less dependant on the wind meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

declan1980 wrote: »
    thanks for the advice lads, i was so used to blasting off as many rounds as i liked with the rimfire i never thought about the barrel heating up on a centerfire.
    i also went out today with the wind meter and watched the effect the wind was having on the trees. then i checked the wind speed beside the trees and made a mental note of the average wind speed.
    i thought it would be a good way to learn to be less dependant on the wind meter
    like a GPS, the more you use it; The less you have to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Martinobrien

declan1980 wrote: »

well Declan,i myself was like you,went out ,shot as many as i could in a certain amount of time and then wondered why they were not all on target,not knowing that wind played a big part in shooting,but as they say...YOU LEARN BY YOUR MISTAKES:D

Advertisement