Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bibliography for Thesis use of Websites

Options
  • 12-09-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I just need some advice here. I have a bibliography put together. I used alot of websites which I consider as primary sources. I downloaded alot of documents from the website. What I am wondering is, do I have to include all the documents that I downloaded in the Bibliography, or can I just say website?

Advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I would say that you need to include each paper you reference not just the website from whence they came. If you use a lot of chapters from one book (say a compendium of essays etc) you could just reference the book but it would be more prudent to reference each book section so it does not look like hte same reference over and over again. I would say the same applies to referencing the papers from the website.

Advertisement