Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to Buy a 2nd Hand Racer

• 12-09-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all, does anyone know where is the best place to buy a second hand racer(bicycle) in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look on gumtree.ie or donedeal.ie:

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/gentsbicycles/for-sale/Ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

try the adverts section in the cycling forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Last year when I was looking for a second hand bike, the shop on O Connell Avenue told me they usually put there second hand bikes for sale outside on the street, so keep an eye out there when passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

kilburn wrote: »
    try the adverts section in the cycling forum

+1 i got my road bike on boards.

def check out the cycling forum

Also an siopa rothar do second hand stock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The Bike Shop O'Conneel ave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'll be on the lookout for a road bike at some stage too.
    Dont think the place I work does the cycle to work scheme
    all year round but only at certain dates so may need to wait a while, (if I want something nice)

Joe in O'Connell Ave has some 2nd hand bikes.
    he had a nice "giant" road bike with brand new wheels on it worth 200 Euros alone. He was selling it for 500 Euros. It was in perfect condition apart from a single slightly rusty looking screw/bolt near the handlebar stem.
    Could not believe it was 2nd hand it looked new.

Found out a few mins ago it was sold.
    I was in there at Lunch time getting some parts for
    my current bike, boy the place is busy Every time I visit.

Would like a nice quality bike for casual use with some decent parts. Have a trek 3700 with skinny wheels at
    the moment so planning on keeping that and buying
    a road bike aswel, Parts dont last as long as they used to, on my 3rd pair of break pads, my 2nd set of pedals, my 2nd wheel, 4/5th tube, 2nd pedal axle and bearings, and 2nd back wheel axle. And I only travel about 20-25km a week, I only have the bike 2-3 years.

~B

Advertisement