Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to a wordworking shop/studio

Options
  • 12-09-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone working the the carpentry field that would allow me to rent some storage space and use some of their tools for a very modest price.

I want to start a few project for DIY and prototyping but unfortunately Im living in an apartment at the moment so no space for it plus Im pretty much broke. Buying the required tools such as a table saw, drill stand and router are not possible at the moment. Perhaps someone could suggest a good place to look for second hand trade tools or someone/somewhere to rent them from very cheap.

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone working the the carpentry field that would allow me to rent some storage space and use some of their tools for a very modest price.

I want to start a few project for DIY and prototyping but unfortunately Im living in an apartment at the moment so no space for it plus Im pretty much broke. Buying the required tools such as a table saw, drill stand and router are not possible at the moment. Perhaps someone could suggest a good place to look for second hand trade tools or someone/somewhere to rent them from very cheap.

Regards,

Dave

I'm not sure what the set up is but I'd imagine that there wouldnt be that many willing to let you use their shop unfortunately with the way things are gone with insurance etc etc. As for tools, if you keep an eye on 'DoneDeal' or 'Gumtree' there does be plenty of trade tools and machinery on that pretty often.

Advertisement