Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werder Breman V Tottenham match thread

Options
  • 12-09-2010 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hard to read into the game since i haven't seen much of Bremen although they look like a good side although very beatable...
    Need to put in a performance unlike we have seen to date this season, Cant wait for it myself looking forwad to seeing us run out for our first game in the main stages of the champions league :D
    would like to see a whole new team out aswell tbh
    something like . . .

Pleitkosa
    Kaboul King Gallas BAE
    Huddlestone Jenas
    Lennon VDV Bale
    Pav

too be honest with our injuries i think that would be our strongest team... couldnt see keane starting as he sits too deep, crouch hasnt got the talent imo even though he has scored some important goals for us, pav has some serious flaws too but can show some moments of immense talent so hopefully he shows them on tuesday:o

COYS !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

a draw would be a very good result in germany for us, a win would be fantastic

id say team will be

--- cudicini

corluke - king -- gallas -- ekotto

lennone -- hudd -- palacious -- bale

vdv
    crouch

i hope palacious dosent play, but id say he will . crouch will certainly start up front as pav is way too lazy to play up front alone in an away match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No way Gallas will play he's not fit enough yet yesterday was his first match and it was obvious his fitness levels were cat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Modric could feature against Bremen:D:D:D!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6372960,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

From Sky:
    Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric has given manager Harry Redknapp a major boost after X-rays on his leg injury came back clear.
    There were fears that the Croatia international had suffered a broken leg in Saturday's 1-1 draw with West Bromspacer.gif at the Hawthorns.
    Modricspacer.gif opened the scoring for Spurs with a smart finish but was forced out of the action soon after and left the ground on crutches.
    Redknappspacer.gif admitted after the game that he was concerned Modric had suffered a fresh injury to the leg he broke last season, which kept him on the sidelines for a significant spell.
    Clear

But the talented playmaker has now been given the all-clear after being examined and could even feature against Werder Bremenspacer.gif in the UEFA Champions Leaguespacer.gif on Tuesday night.
    A statement on the club's official website read: "Luka Modric will travel with the squad for our opening Champions League group match at Werder Bremen on Tuesday after X-rays of his left fibula came back clear.
    "The Croatia international midfielder was forced off with the injury in the first half of yesterday's draw at West Brom and will continue to be monitored prior to being made available for selection on Tuesday."
    Redknapp could ill-afford to lose another key player with Michael Dawson,spacer.gifJermain Defoespacer.gif and Jonathan Woodgatespacer.gif all currently sidelined with long-term problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

THFC wrote: »
    Modric could feature against Bremen:D:D:D!!!
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6372960,00.html

Thank the stars! we really need him.

• Advertisement

Gallas played 90 mins yesterday, don't see why he can't play tues night in a European game where the pace is slower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mayospur

some good news for a change ......luka modric will travel with squad for midweek game..injury not as serious as first believed...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Crouch a cert to play on Tue I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I read somewhere that Bremen are missing there two first choice centre backs that should be some little help to us.

If Modric is fit he should start with Tom they have struck an amazing partnership in midfield both very placid by nature seem to of become more aggressive and sharper in the tackle. As well as good going forward

• Advertisement

I think I'd go with Hudd and Wilson in the middle. As worrying as Wilsons form might be, he will be handy to have to break up the play over there, then again maybe jenas will get a chance.

I'd leave Modric out after getting the bang, I have him and Keane in my starting 11 for Wolves ;)

Hopefully BAE will be back which will free up Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think if Modric is fit he has to play. I'd even put Jenas ahead of Palacios as if he gets frustrated again and starts tackling badly, with European refs, he'll get himself sent off.

Keeper
    Corluka - King - Bassong - BAE
    Lennon - Hudd - Modric - Bale
    VDV
    Crouch

I'm not sure how we're fixed with Gomes but our new keeper hasn't played with us yet so I reckon it'll be Cudicini. Crouch has to start for me as they're missing their two main centre backs and won't know how to handle him, so plenty of good corners and free kicks delivered by either Bale or VDV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

tippspur wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Bremen are missing there two first choice centre backs that should be some little help to us.

yep there two starting centre backs an pizzaro up front are missing... hopefully it givess us a better chance !

Modric is sill not right so it looks like he wont be playing. Gallas and VDV doubtful too due to lack of fitness and whether they are sharp enough for 2 games in 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Any channels showing this besides Sky Sports? .. thanks

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I just have a feeling over this game that there is some little bit of Magic in the air. A draw would be a very good result over there but I just have a 2-1 win in my mind for some reason.

It would be just so spurs to turn around and play out of their skin.

It's nice having a match on a Tuesday though isn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

el diablo wrote: »
    Any channels showing this besides Sky Sports? .. thanks

only Setanta sports 1 I'm afraid.

Sandro left in the departures lounge after Tottenham new boy is told he can't travel to Germany

By Simon Cass
    Last updated at 7:34 AM on 14th September 2010

Tottenham new boy Sandro was left in the departure lounge at Stansted airport on Monday after a communication breakdown meant he failed to realise he is not in the squad for the Champions League.
    The Brazilian summer signing from Internacional travelled to a private terminal after being told by unofficial translator, Honduran team-mate Wilson Palacios, to be there bright and breezy.

article-1311734-0AFD3775000005DC-447_468x286.jpg Not on board: Sandro was told to leave Stansted because he is not in Tottenham's Champions League squad

However, Sandro, 21, has not been included on Tottenham's 'A' list for the competition and would need to have been with the club for two years to make list 'B'.
    Manager Harry Redknapp and club secretary Darren Eales told a shocked and disappointed Sandro he would not be boarding the plane for tonight's Group A opener in Bremen.

article-1311734-0B2BD4B2000005DC-260_468x318.jpg Communications breakdown: Harry Redknapp had to deliver new boy Sandro the embarrassing news

He will, instead, play in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Wednesday.
    Luka Modric did make the trip but Redknapp rates the Croatia playmaker 'very doubtful' after he was forced off in the first half of the 1-1 draw at West Bromwich on Saturday with a leg injury.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1311734/Tottenham-new-boy-Sandro-left-departures-lounge.html#ixzz0zUJu8LgJ

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    I feel so bad for Sandro that's horrible

Brilliant stuff, hope it was Palacios or other players winding him up, if not, it's still funny !!

Reminds me of the time Robbie Jeane was texting Andy Reid pretending to be Martin Jol(I think) asking him how he us fitness wise to start the next day.

Still is awful for the poor lad,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Harry Redknapp admits Luka Modric is a ‘big doubt' ahead of Tuesday night's Champions League group stage match with Werder Bremen.
    Harry said: "The only big doubt we've got is Luka. He's very doubtful. He travelled with us and we're going to have a look at him.

There are also question marks over the fitness of new signings William Gallas and Rafael van der Vaart, who both played 90 minutes on their debuts in the Midlands on Saturday.
    Harry continued: "They did well but that was their first game having not played at all, so I will have to see what affect that game had on them before I make a decision as to whether they play or not.

Heurelho Gomes (groin) and David Bentley (ankle) are not yet fit enough to have made the trip, joining longer-term absentees Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson, Jamie O'Hara and Jonathan Woodgate on the sidelines.
    Mind games from Harry perhaps?

I would hope so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 McSpurs

Its gonna take a mammoth perfomance from every player tonight, hopefully we can grab a point.
    If we start like we did away to YB we're ****ed, but thats worst case scenario.

we can do it.
    Carlo

corluka King Bassong Assou-ekotto

Modric huddlebum Palacious Bale

Rafa vdv

Crouch

Thats to team i think we should start with.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

McSpurs wrote: »
    Its gonna take a mammoth perfomance from every player tonight, hopefully we can grab a point.
    If we start like we did away to YB we're ****ed, but thats worst case scenario.

we can do it.
    Carlo

corluka King Bassong Assou-ekotto

Modric huddlebum Palacious Bale

Rafa vdv

Crouch

Thats to team i think we should start with.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

Lennon instead of Modric I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

Any thoughts on the potential starting line up for tonight?

Will be interesting to see how Harry puts out his stall... In his usual "Wheeler Dealer" fashion, it's impossibly to believe a word that comes out of his mouth in the run up to it...

And don't we love it :)

Any thoughts on the potential starting line up for tonight?

Harry said he learned his lesson from the Young Boys tie and that he won't be so attack minded in the away games in the group stages. I think the lineout will be

Cudicinni
    Corluka--Gallas--King--BAE
    Lennon--Hudd--Wilson--Bale
    VDV
    Crouch

kakee wrote: »
    Harry said he learned his lesson from the Young Boys tie and that he won't be so attack minded in the away games in the group stages. I think the lineout will be

Cudicinni
    Corluka--Gallas--King--BAE
    Lennon--Hudd--Wilson--Bale
    VDV
    Crouch

id say thats the linup alright. could take a beating if wilson goes to sleep again!

TEAM NEWS - Four changes from West Brom. King, Assou-Ekotto, Jenas and Crouch for Gallas, Modric, Palacios and Pavlyuchenko. STARTING XI: Cudicini; Corluka, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Jenas, Bale; Van der Vaart; Crouch. SUBS: Pletikosa, Bassong, Gallas, Kranjcar, Palacios, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

Not a bad team in fairness. Hope Jenas does well, he deserves a chance at least.

Spurs to win and Jenas to score COYS!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I like the look of that starting XI, fair play to Harry for the changes, maybe he reads my posts here on boards...:p

Advertisement