Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werder Breman V Tottenham match thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    You need to be playing games to be sharp, he's far from finished.

nah , he is finished allright. he played all the pre season games and is 100% fit, as others have said he just came on and ran around. pav would have been worse though .

vdv was top class, he really is. he is worth 25 million and his work ethic is fantastic. i loved to see him tracking back and putting it such an effort. when he and modric are fully fit with bale and lennon, we will be strong going forward

work with a liverpool guy and he cant understand why we didnt shut up shop after going 2-0 up. take off vdv or crouch and put on another defender / midfielder. he reckons europe is all about tactics and we are too nieve. anyone agree / disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    nah , he is finished allright. he played all the pre season games and is 100% fit, as others have said he just came on and ran around. pav would have been worse though .

vdv was top class, he really is. he is worth 25 million and his work ethic is fantastic. i loved to see him tracking back and putting it such an effort. when he and modric are fully fit with bale and lennon, we will be strong going forward

work with a liverpool guy and he cant understand why we didnt shut up shop after going 2-0 up. take off vdv or crouch and put on another defender / midfielder. he reckons europe is all about tactics and we are too nieve. anyone agree / disagree?

There is something in that. 2-0 is a huge lead in Europe. It was not like WB had no chances before they scored. That said Liverpool fans have been brainwashed by Rafa Benitez negative mindset which hasnt got them very far recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Can I also add that I thought the ref was rubbish. Spurs players constantly fouled, particularly in the first half, yet no free kicks given, and as usual almost every time Crouch jumped, despite being sandwiched between players, the ref blew against him.

Credit goes to the Bremen team for their lack of diving too - it's good to see two teams playing in the CL and trying to win the match without cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

nah , he is finished allright.

Really hope he proves you all wrong. I still think he can play a part this season and get some important goals.

Really hope he proves you all wrong. I still think he can play a part this season and get some important goals.

i hope so too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I agree with Hatch here. What exactly did Robbie do wrong last night? He was offside-wow all strikers stray offside from time to time. Someone mentioned in this thread earlier that Robbie is useless as a striker now - ffs he came on for Van der Vaart last night who was playing behind Crouch. Robbie dropped to collect and kept possession as deep lying players do. Yes he still waves his hands around too much but enough of the slating please. He is still a class act and will get us a few valuable points as the season goes on.

As for the game - would have taken a point beforehand but we should have won. Maybe Harry will shut up shop when we go 2 up against Inter at the San Siro (ahem).

Like most on here I hope he comes good, but I saw more positives from Wilson's 15 minute cameo than Keane's entire 40/45 minutes and if you compare the impact VDV had to Keane, there's a huge difference. I know the team was playing well when VDV was on too, so that would have had something to do with it.

I don't mind his arm-waving to be honest, and I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting used to playing competitive matches again and I was genuinely happy to see him come on so early last night. It's just a shame I didn't see anything convincing from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I read a bit earlier about how our champions league dream was in tatters on football latest because we are currently in third on the table I mean seriously you'd swear we got hammered

http://www.footylatest.com/tottenhams-champions-league-campaign-in-tatters/16379

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

QUOTE]

did u see any of the pre season games?

keane was brilliant in most of them. he is and always was a confidence player. when he is picked and playing regularly he can be very effective. granted last night he was not overly effective but realistly who was second half? we didnt keep the ball the way we did in the first half. u cant say that is all down to VDV. he held the ball up to allow a small rest bite for the defence n allow them to get the shape again.

i think harry might have a problem with him. rumours doign the rounds to suggest this.

yeah i saw the pre season games , i also saw the ones when ramos was in charge and we beat roma 5-0 at the lane and proceded to be bottom of the league after 8 games. pre season means nothing, its only to try out players and build up fitness

what does count is 40 mins away to bremen that he got and he didnt do anything. i hope to god im wrong and keane puts 30 goals away this season but if he needs to be playing every week to get his "confidence" back then its not going to happen cos he wont be first choice at spurs and even less so when defoe is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I read a bit earlier about how our champions league dream was in tatters on football latest because we are currently in third on the table I mean seriously you'd swear we got hammered

http://www.footylatest.com/tottenhams-champions-league-campaign-in-tatters/16379

It's written by a Gooner, I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you.

Vdv doubtful for the weekend.

Vdv doubtful for the weekend.

id say he will be rested anyway even if he was fit.

Also meant to mention that Sandro is meant to be playing tonight in a behind closed doors friendly hopefully there will be an update on the site as to how we play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

looking at that pass from jenas and then BAEs clearance they are at opposite ends of the spectrum! one utter class and one just tripe!

The pass from Jenas was something else. I'd say he surprised himself with that one! I was well impressed with him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yep, it'd be good to have an in-form Jenas back in the reckoning. He's a very decent back-up player if he can stay in form especially with the injuries to Modric and VDV.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement