Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script - Irish Tour, March 2011 -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options
  • 12-09-2010 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

the script be playing the o2 on the 11th of march 2011 after a long string of dates for their 2nd album science and faith in the states. they have just kicked their tour off in liverpool and have more dates in uk to follow.

i say they'll fill the o2 and sell it out, they sold 5 nights out in the olympia last year and people were demanding more days to be added on but they couldnt because i was told that the band were unable to do even more shows in the olympia because of their other shows in other places:) have to say fair play to lads they're doing well for themselves :) ill be going to this and i think ill sit haha

tickets are €33.60

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Whisper87

Anyone got the O2 priority tickets code?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Script’s brand new album Science and Faith has taken the UK album charts by storm today (19th September 2010) shooting to the No 1 position on its frist week of release.
    The album Science and Faith and their single For The First Time took both No 1 positions in the Irish singles and album charts last Friday 17th September 2010.
    In Ireland, Science and Faith is already close to platinum status after only 7 days of sales and For the First Time is #1 in both the singles airplay and sales charts! The Script have forged themselves to the forefront of both the Irish and international music scenes and this week’s chart position further proves the importance of this band in Ireland.
    ‘We are completely floored by today’s album chart, we are so happy that so many fans have already gone out and bought the album and we just want to say a massive thank you to them and we really look forward to performing the new music when we go on our tour next March’ – Danny, Mark and Glen.
    The Script have announced details of their biggest homecoming shows to date. The multi platinum selling trio will play the following dates next March:
    THE SCRIPT MARCH 2011 IRISH TOUR
    Saturday 5th KILARNEY, INEC Tickets: €33.60
    Monday 7th BELFAST, Odyssey Arena Tickets: £27.50
    Friday 11th DUBLIN, The O2 Tickets: €33.60
    Tickets are on sale this Friday 24th September 2010 from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

So whose going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The Script? What a load of over produced bland pop rubbish.

I am really worried about people's tastes when they refer to them as good music.

They are a manufactured boy band that cant sing live and can just about play their instruments.

Awful stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NickDrake wrote: »

I am really worried about people's tastes when they refer to them as good music.

They are a manufactured boy band that cant sing live and can just about play their instruments.

Awful stuff

Each to their own

I like them so I'm hoping to get tickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ill get to see them at viacar street this arthurs day co ill see what they are like and might go but no point going to see them twice in the same year i dont like them that much tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Awful stuff

I believe boy band dont write their own song (the Script do), boy bands sway from side to side or do fast dance moves when miming their songs (the Script don't do either) I wouldnt call them pop either, I've heard their new album and the songs are brill, just like the last album :) As for singing live, i've heard far worse.

I hope to be going to see them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I believe boy band dont write their own song (the Script do), boy bands sway from side to side or do fast dance moves when miming their songs (the Script don't do either) I wouldnt call them pop either, I've heard their new album and the songs are brill, just like the last album :) As for singing live, i've heard far worse.

I hope to be going to see them :)

You wouldn't call them pop? Are you kidding me. They are pop defined. Manufactured.

Back Street boys wrote their own songs as do Take that.

They are a boy band playing instruments. I actually find it hard to think of a more manufactured band out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

They are a boy band playing instruments. I actually find it hard to think of a more manufactured band out there at the moment.

Boyzone I believe are a perfectly good example :pac:

i do like the script but they are a manufactured pop band! great example using take that , they write all their own songs and melodys and the most of the music and even sometimes record the instruments etc!! these guys are the same , and most songs on the album are really cheesy and some chords are the same and as a musician i can hear the cheesy chords and i know whats going to come next,suppose any musician would

looking forward to arthurs day now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Gon10

Got 4 tickets this morning:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

hopefully gettin two tickets fot the o2 tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Do tickets usually go on sale at exactly 9, it's 10 minutes past and there still not selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

masterK wrote: »
    Do tickets usually go on sale at exactly 9, it's 10 minutes past and there still not selling.

I think they are all gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Binder

That ws fast, i tried at 9 straight away and didnt get any

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JB.

masterK wrote: »

I couldnt get any after about 2 minutes doubt there sold out that quickly?

They couldn't be, I've been refreshing on 2 PC's since 8:55 and they have never been on sale. Can't see 8k tickets selling in a fraction of a second.

there on sale on mine but not one ticket is available? must be some problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Couldn't get tickets this morning. I was hitting refresh but it was sold out. Very sad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Theres defo something up with the site regarding the O2 date, also i've tried to get them on the phone and a second date has been announced for Dublin according to the automated message.

new date has been added!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I just got tickets for the Saturday night!!

My GF will be so happy with me now haha.

They must hae just added an extra night.

my bro was refreshing ticketmaster form 8:45 etc and didnt get tickets it was saying it was sold out etc and telling him to create an account when he already had one , ticketmaster is really bad for this thing when it comes to getting tickets

this has happened to a few people , i think tthey sold out now , fair play to the lads

i was in vicar street last night and they were great !!!!!! really good and they got a great re-action etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Awful stuff

You quite obviously dont know what you are talking about.

The band is very talented with professional musicians, and are hardly a boyband.

If you seen them preform live you would change your opinion .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Managed to get tickets for the second date on the phone, I really can't understand how the first date sold out instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Just got 2 there for the saturday gig too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just 1 ticket standing for the Friday night. Got two seated tickets for the Saturday.

I hate ticketmaster. They always make a mess of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ocos

OMG that was so stressfull

Must have been a problem with the Friday date but I got the Saturday

:)

Got Saturday tickets too, but they're not too good on the upper tier quite a bit back.

I'm miffed how that many tickets sold without them ever appearing to be on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Sand Wedge

By phone or online? What is phone number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

Ijust got tickets for sat gig too, receipt says stand, row G8, seats 51- 54, does this mean i got seating tickets, thought it was just standing left when i looked for best available, will be delighted if these are seated :-)

Advertisement