Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script - Irish Tour, March 2011 -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

got two tickets for the friday night. was 3 of us in working trying to get them some was saying not advilable while others had on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

cant wait. going to all the irish gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Playing the Thursday night now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are all tickets gone for INEC show?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are all tickets gone for INEC show?

I think you can still get them directly from the hotel. You might have to get a room package with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Slksht

I got two standing for the Friday with no problem at all!! Not even a delay really!!

I logged on 10 mins efore 9 and on 9 on the button they went from more info to find tickets.

Dont know what happened to the rest of you guys!!

The Sat and Thurs. are sold out now I think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dreamondreamer1

I am sooo gutted here this morning:(
    Was online before 9 and could'nt get ticketmaster online at all (just kept getting error) Tried phoning (redialled 73 times before I got through and then phone would just go dead on me) so kept redialling again and again on house phone and mobile and constantly trying to get page to load
    It is so unfair...I am a genuine fan trying to get tickets for my two kids (15 and 12 who are also massive fans) and no joy at all. Its 10.35 now and I have just given up. I honestly don't know who is more dissapointed ..me or them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no luck here, the missus is going to be upset she missed them.

i do find it hard to believe they sold out 3 nights in the o2 almost instantly though, I have a feeling that more tickets will be going on sale as the gigs draw closer, which seems to be one of the ways they're trying to stop ticket touts and give genuine fans more than one chance to get tickets to the gigs they want to see.

we actually saw them in Dec. 07 when practically nobody had heard of them and they supported Newton Faulkner in The Village and we both liked them right away. you could see they were a little rough around the edges, but it was a good solid performance imho and i'm very glad they've done well for themselves as they seem like genuinely nice guys.

Was online before 9 and could'nt get ticketmaster online at all (just kept getting error) Tried phoning (redialled 73 times before I got through and then phone would just go dead on me) so kept redialling again and again on house phone and mobile and constantly trying to get page to load
    It is so unfair...I am a genuine fan trying to get tickets for my two kids (15 and 12 who are also massive fans) and no joy at all. Its 10.35 now and I have just given up. I honestly don't know who is more dissapointed ..me or them :confused:

dont worry . you will get in. nearer the event there will be people who cant attend and will be selling their tickets. You just have to be on the ball with it.
    keep you eyes on the buy and sell and other such sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

NickDrake wrote: »
    The Script? What a load of over produced bland pop rubbish.

I am really worried about people's tastes when they refer to them as good music.

They are a manufactured boy band that cant sing live and can just about play their instruments.

Awful stuff

Thank God someone else thinks like me.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    no luck here, the missus is going to be upset she missed them.

i do find it hard to believe they sold out 3 nights in the o2 almost instantly though, I have a feeling that more tickets will be going on sale as the gigs draw closer, which seems to be one of the ways they're trying to stop ticket touts and give genuine fans more than one chance to get tickets to the gigs they want to see.

we actually saw them in Dec. 07 when practically nobody had heard of them and they supported Newton Faulkner in The Village and we both liked them right away. you could see they were a little rough around the edges, but it was a good solid performance imho and i'm very glad they've done well for themselves as they seem like genuinely nice guys.

this happened with AC/DC also. I believe the 02 customers are snapping up more tickets than ticket master care to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Thank God someone else thinks like me.
    and so you read through 3 pages of posts about gig tickets for them for what reason exactly? :rolleyes:

I got my two for the Friday but I wonder is there a way to trade them with someone for the Saturday one..?

What ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

The girlfriend eventually got them after trying for nearly an hour,got them for the Thursday night,not great seats but at least we will be in the venue.I seen them in Castlebar last September and there was less then 1000 people there and now they are selling out the o2 for 3 nights,amazing:).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Same here, i have giving up,

You can buy them here at really inflated prices <snip> no tout links, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So are the 3 dates in the O2 and 2 dates in the INEC all sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Theres alot to be said for quing physcially for tickets.I walked into town last December in the snow to que for tickets to the Black Eyed Peas as i didnt trust the internet and i got them no problem.The girlfriend got them online this morning but only just.My point is if you get there early enough when physically quing you are nearly guarenteed(90%approx) to get them,but if go online and "que" then no matter how early you are there's definately no guarentee(50% approx) you'll get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Aiel wrote: »
    My point is if you get there early enough when physically quing you are nearly guarenteed(90%approx) to get them
    Only if you're first in the queue. Buying in a shop works the same way as buying them online, in that the guy in the shop has to dial into the main ticketmaster system just like everybody else, so by the time he's processed the first order they're all likely to have sold out.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Only if you're first in the queue. Buying in a shop works the same way as buying them online, in that the guy in the shop has to dial into the main ticketmaster system just like everybody else, so by the time he's processed the first order they're all likely to have sold out.

+1

Don't know if they have a direct constant connection though..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

BaZmO* wrote: »

I'd seriously doubt it would work that way, if it did chances are only the first person in the queue would get tickets as tickets sold out in a couple of minutes. How many customers could any agent physically deal with in that amount of time? I'd say the allocation is split between internet, phone and in person customers to make it fair to all parties.

• Advertisement

masterK wrote: »
    I'd seriously doubt it would work that way, if it did chances are only the first person in the queue would get tickets as tickets sold out in a couple of minutes. How many customers could any agent physically deal with in that amount of time? I'd say the allocation is split between internet, phone and in person customers to make it fair to all parties.

And poxy O2 customers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

masterK wrote: »
    Believe me it does. Quick example here but if you do a search you'll get lots more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dreamondreamer1

Oh and btw I was also on weds morn trying to get priority tickets (poxy o2 customer;)) and no joy there either, soo pissed off, don't even want to listen to my fav cd in the car now even though I know its not the boys fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Slksht wrote: »
    I got my two for the Friday but I wonder is there a way to trade them with someone for the Saturday one..?

What ya reckon?

Try touteless.com, we got seated tickets for the olympia gig last time and managed to swap them for standing.
    There may be someone there with the opposite problem to you, looking for friday tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hugh2oneill

NickDrake wrote: »
    The Script? What a load of over produced bland pop rubbish.

I am really worried about people's tastes when they refer to them as good music.

They are a manufactured boy band that cant sing live and can just about play their instruments.

Awful stuff

i hate this argument about over-producing... if it takes alot of producing to make their albums sound good, so be it. they come from a background of producing in rnb, pop and hip-hop anyway so that's going to influence the sound of the band!

personally i think most of their songs are brilliant, lyrics and music. therefore, good music...

of course, someone who is a big enough fan of Nick Drake to have it as their username is obviously not going to look far beyond...

i have a very wide taste of music, i like nick drake, i can tell he was a fantastic songwriter but that doesn't stop me from liking the script, eminem, green day, newton faulkner, iron maiden, paolo nutini, john mayer, keane and ryan adams?

i'm able to appreciate music, and it really annoys me when people refuse to appreciate anything about a certain band/style whatever..

regarding the live performances... i don't know what's up with danny's voice these days, he sounds tired all the time, probably from smoking/the amount of gigs they're doing.

and the whole boyband thing... fair enough, they actually used to be in one! but saying they can barely play their instruments... thats just ignorant...

glen, the drummer is a fantasic musician! danny and mark maybe not so much, but they can play the parts they need to play to make their songs sound good and full.

you can argue that they use too many triggers etc. but then u2 do the same aswell as countless other bands! anyway....just thought i'd throw my tantrum for ****s n giggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

got 2 tickets for the friday :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

Please read the forum charter, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

I'm so disappointed, didn't get any ticket :( Anyone think they'll add one more date....? :(

Daisyxx wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed, didn't get any ticket :( Anyone think they'll add one more date....? :(

Convinced that all the tickets arent sold out. Theres no way they sold out the ENTIRE O2 for 3 nights in less than an hour!!

I reckon that they didn't release all the tickets and closer to the date there'll be another release. That's how I got my GF premium tickets for Take That!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

yeah im thinking more tickets closer to date, but trying to get this sorted now

just so i can rest easy :)

Advertisement