Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script - Irish Tour, March 2011 -- All discussion, no ticket advertising

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

Well that'd make my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Please read the forum charter, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so are the 3 dates full sold out now??

my maate got my ticket thank god but now sure for which night tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laylalayla

Please read the forum charter, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Was lookin for tkts for my daughter, shocked that The Script can now be as popular as Springsteen in Ireland?!

Three shows? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

im not usually a fan of modern pop . But the talent of everyone involved with the Script would put most bands to shame. From the instrument techs to the singer. They are so focused on the music and the crowd. And so humble . I remember from one of there shows. We have a kettle and coffee for the stage workers.
    Danny O'Donoghue came over to me in my high vis jackets, and kindly asks if he could make himself a cuppa while waiting to go on.
    . He was the main act that night! He was very approachable and good craic to chat to.
    A nice change from the Diva brigade ..

Anyone with tickets are in for a real treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Trying to get tickets for a Belfast date but seems impossible. Any suggestions? I hope they add more dates. Anyone think they will add more dates to Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Daisy03

Tried but failed to get tickets for Killarney. Saw them there last year and they were great (even though it wouldnt be the type of music i would normally be into) and was looking forward to hearing their new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

i hate this argument about over-producing... if it takes alot of producing to make their albums sound good, so be it. they come from a background of producing in rnb, pop and hip-hop anyway so that's going to influence the sound of the band!

personally i think most of their songs are brilliant, lyrics and music. therefore, good music...

of course, someone who is a big enough fan of Nick Drake to have it as their username is obviously not going to look far beyond...

i have a very wide taste of music, i like nick drake, i can tell he was a fantastic songwriter but that doesn't stop me from liking the script, eminem, green day, newton faulkner, iron maiden, paolo nutini, john mayer, keane and ryan adams?

i'm able to appreciate music, and it really annoys me when people refuse to appreciate anything about a certain band/style whatever..

regarding the live performances... i don't know what's up with danny's voice these days, he sounds tired all the time, probably from smoking/the amount of gigs they're doing.

and the whole boyband thing... fair enough, they actually used to be in one! but saying they can barely play their instruments... thats just ignorant...

glen, the drummer is a fantasic musician! danny and mark maybe not so much, but they can play the parts they need to play to make their songs sound good and full.

you can argue that they use too many triggers etc. but then u2 do the same aswell as countless other bands! anyway....just thought i'd throw my tantrum for ****s n giggles!

Ryan Adams is one of the greatest of his time and an example of someone who does it purely for the music. Legend and to compare the script to him in a sin.

My problem with the Script is they are a brand. Just like Westlife. They are in it for the money and nothing else.

Their lyrics?? Oh dear god, they are shameful and bland. I wouldn't really call them lyrics now. Awful stuff!

Believe me I look beyond Nick Drake. I just don't look to manufactured boy bands like the Script.They can barely play their instruments but are marketed in a way that makes you think they are. They use session musicians when recording and live and triggers and effect etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

is there any truth in that maroon 5 are supporting them?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

Yeah I can read thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Who is the support act for The Script on Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Am really looking forward to The Script tomorrow night. Should be a good night. I saw them a year and a half ago when they played in the Royal in Castlebar. They've come a long way since them.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Can anyone tell me what time The Script took to the stage last night and how long they played.....please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Can anyone tell me what time The Script took to the stage last night and how long they played.....please and thanks

They came on stage around 9 and played for an hour and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Aero28 wrote: »
    They came on stage around 9 and played for an hour and a half

Cheers,thanks for that

Advertisement