Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I do?

Options
  • 12-09-2010 4:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Basically I planned to do the part time higher cert. in business. I was looking forward to going to going in yesterday morning for reg. But I get a voicemail on firday saying there is not enough people for this course. I ring him back and my options are to do a hons. degree in another business course (finance, business).... i didnt know what to say to him, I was kind of speechless, and I didnt ask any important questions. So I went off to have a think about it...Its a pity because I really want to do the higher cert.

I havent really decided, its 1000euro more per year, a four year course, and to be honest I doubt id be able for it, too hard, big difference between cert and degree, and basically im not the brightest!

Also Im worried about this 598euro i paid for the deposit for the higher cert course. I sure I will get it back, I tried to ring back yesterday morning but the guy I was talking to on friday had his phone off. so Ill try tomorrow. I should get it back shouldnt I? but it says the deposit is non refundable on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

You will defo get the money back if you dont go. Also dont rule out going for the degree. It wont be as hard as you think. Depending on the course there is a lot of assessments and projects done in groups through out the year.

If you work hard a these you can close to pass some subjects without even sitting the exam. Takes a lot of pressure off for the exam.

Also as bb11 said they are tutors available to help you. My class had terrible problems in a programming subject when i was in nci. We got a tutor do some extra classes. She was very good. She should have been teaching the class in the first place. Some of the lecture in nci were terrible but any extra help we got from tutors was very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

bb11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry I didn't see you're post earlier. If our course doesn't run you will defintely get a full refund. I will say as well if you had decided to proceed on the the BA we have support tutors that are available to help you if you feel you're running into problems but I know it's a lot to take on compared to a certificate course so you should do what's right for you.

We'll have courses running again in January so they're may be one that suits you then instead.

Best of Luck

Bonnie

Thanks for the replys guys... The deposit is fine, Ill get it back next week.
    I had a think, and I decided not to any course... I just kept thinking about a four year degree, and would I last? would i struggle? especially in 3rd &4th year, the subjects are so hard....

I know what you guys are saying, with tutors, help and some effort I should be fine. But Im really not an A student, ya know? I would have found it hard to complete the higher cert. but confident I could.

so yeah, i think Ill try again in January.

Advertisement