Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there any way I could change my course in U.L or even to L.I.T

• 12-09-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi, the course I am doing now which is english and history . I don't thnk it is the course for me is there any way to change to another course in U.L or move to L.I.T?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

not until next year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Hi, the course I am doing now which is english and history . I don't thnk it is the course for me is there any way to change to another course in U.L or move to L.I.T?

that would be a question for the education officer in the su sueducation@ul.ie is her email
    there is a way for you to change as far as i know but you mite have to pay some of the fees again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: call in to Aoife for more info.

Bad news: if you want to switch to something that will require you to repeat a year you've already done in your current course it'll cost beween €6,500 and €8,000 on top of ineligibility for a grant or council covered Student Service Charge.

Worse news: Banks will lend max €4,000 in relation to this in general.

Good news: If it'll make you happier, it's definitely worth your while and isn't possible to put a monetary value on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Yes you can I did this last year after about 2 months but missed so many lectures that by then I couldnt catch up on the work I missed so I would advise switch as soon as you can (if your 100% sure you dont like the course your in that is), but make sure you call into Aoife she helped me alot last year and shes sound out! best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What if you're in week 2 of semester 1? How does it work for the OP then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

Yes I am only in my first year and I have already contacted aoife about the change but I will have to wait until week 6 to find out the elgibility of entering the course and I must get some form signed by both the course director I have now and the course I want to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Yes I am only in my first year and I have already contacted aoife about the change but I will have to wait until week 6 to find out the elgibility of entering the course and I must get some form signed by both the course director I have now and the course I want to do?

Have fun with Alistair so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I don't see the problem, plenty of people I know changed courses while in their first semester of first year, provided they had the points. It shouldn't be too big an issue.

Advertisement